The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WB lean at high speed cruising.

SleepinGVR4

Why would my wide band be reading really lean cruising at 75mph?

If I let off the throttle and get back on it or give it more gas it rich-ens back up but then slowly starts to lean back out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I am probably the least qualified person to respond to this, but my guess would be that the ecu is recognizing a constant throttle input and might be going into a lean mode in an effort to get good mpg. I took a trip from denver to L.A. in my galant and was averaging over 35 mpg during one stretch. In the city I'm lucky if I can get 17 mpg.

Last edited by a moderator:

broxma

How lean? Saying lean without a number is not telling much.
What does it go to at WOT? at light load? off throttle in gear?
What wideband? Is this the gauge or the log telling you this?

/brox

Is it going into closedloop? Is the O2 voltage cycling? Are you seeing any knock? If your chip has extended closedloop the ECU may be trying to stay in closedloop to save gas.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned