The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

what suspension is good for Gvr4?

mooserage

Staff member
This topic has been asked a million times before. Please use the search engine and type something like: +suspension (remember to use + symbols in front of all terms you want to search).

To answer your question I think many people will agree that KYB AGX and some decent springs (i.e. H&R's) are a good way to go. Good luck.
-shamus

Diego

Why is it that noobs, come in here and expect to be hand fed every last mod....\

FEW HINTS:
We are all made different. Different taste,style,type,blah blah blah.... not everyone has the same setup... guarantee you can ask everyone in here and might come across two people with nearly the same setup but again to each his own is a version of themselves in there set-up...

Do your searching.

^+ as far H&R and KYB AGX combination goes i highly regret getting mine thats just my opinion

turbowop

And everybody thinks I'm an asshole when I go off on n00bs for asking questions like this.

I would have some fun, but I don't wanna be kicked out of the n00b forum again. I actually do like answering the questions that have some worth in this forum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hs.gif

thecman02

Hotbits>Tein>KSPORTS-D2-BC>Koni/GC>EVO MR>EVO>AGX/Whiteline>AGX/H&R/Eibach>GR2/whatever

That is just a rough hierarchy. Their will be debate depending on ride quality/track performance/adjustability/overall durability.

MMCVR4

Quoting joel150:
^+ as far H&R and KYB AGX combination goes i highly regret getting mine thats just my opinion

They are a fairly well combo for street, until the fronts eventually gave up. Now I'm going to replace them with GR-2's.

Wow LOL I have the same exact opinion on them and Iam going to put on some gr2 on too LOL I have a brand new set of AGX front in the for sale section if interested.

raptorWagon

I would like to see about getting some Hotbits down the road, but I got other things to focus on first.

mooserage

Staff member
Quoting turbowop:
And everybody thinks I'm an asshole when I go off on n00bs for asking questions like this.

I would have some fun, but I don't wanna be kicked out of the n00b forum again. I actually do like answering the questions that have some worth in this forum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hs.gif

I feel the same way, it doesn't bother me as much as when these questions are in the general/technical section tho.

MMCVR4

Quoting raptorreed:
GR-2s are really just stock replacements aren't they?

If they last more than 6 years than the AGX's, It will be worth the money for $100 on both GR-2s.

496of2000

My setup is KYB AGXs front and rear with adj. ground controls springs, 350 lbs. front 250 lbs. rear. Works great as a daily driver, ride isn't too harsh for street driving. Autocross or more agressive driving, I adjust the AGX's 2 front and 4 rear.

dsmless

I also regret using agx I used them on my talon for 5k+ miles and not even 1000 miles the driver front let go, will go to the eveo 8 suspension next I like the way they ride/feel very streetable

Diego

If they last more than 6 years than the AGX's, It will be worth the money for $100 on both GR-2s.

I got a full set for 85 bucks with an oil pan from Pot....

Thanks again

DR1665

Quoting thecman02:
Ohilins>JVAB>DMS>Bilstein>Hotbits>Tein>KSPORTS-D2-BC>Koni/GC>EVO MR>EVO>AGX/Whiteline>AGX/H&R/Eibach>GR2/whatever

Unabridged it.

If you aren't honest about how you will drive the vehicle most of the time, then you can't have realistic goals, and it's impossible to pick any particular suspension set up.

curtis

Bang for your buck , Evo pull offs. go read up on it in the How to section.

rost

you can also use 1g eclipse aftermarket suspension,but you probably not gonna like it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned