The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Introducing myself

turbofoxlx

Hello everyone, my name is Mario and I've been on here since late 2008 and never really introduced myself. I'm 24 years old and have been messing around with cars since I can remember but did not really know anything about Mitsubishi's till I joined this community where I have acquired most of my knowledge through countless late nights of searching and reading. I originally joined this forum to find a Gvr4 for my old man as a Christmas present but little did I know that this would lead to my new found love and obsession (my girlfriend gets so pissed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif ) for one of the coolest cars Mitsubishi has ever made. I wanted to buy my dad one of these because he had a nile black 91 that he bought new and he would always talk to me about how awesome of a car it was so I searched EVERYWHERE and finally located one on this site. I purchased # 332/1000 for him and it was delivered in January from PA. The car had many issues to take care of and the plan was to work on it together but my old man showed no interest so I have done everything my self and have since assumed ownership of the car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Once I had the g-ride cruising like a dream he wanted to keep her but I made him buy one for himself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif With my newly found knowledge and a quick search of the "cars for sale" section I found # 735/2000 locally. My dad and I went over to check it out and purchased it. I also had the pleasure of meeting Garfield as he was the one selling the car and must say he is a great and helpful guy that I am happy to know. So to sum it all up before joining this great community I really didn't know much about this rare breed but now I happily have two of them!
# 332/1000

# 735/2000

turbofoxlx

My car getting beat up by Garfield's car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

turbofoxlx

I'd like to thank all of the members of this board that truly enjoy helping the newbies like myself to understand the extreme complexity of these cars. Without you guys and this site many good cars would have discarded. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif.

Last edited:

solidviper89

Damn green is such a shitty color compared to white /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

In terms of color KG>NB>SW>BG (I have a BG galant)

But at least BG is the fastest color....

turbofoxlx

Ha would you like to test that theory /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif lol. just kidding!

turbofoxlx

Yea my dad's green car is kind of a nasty color but we know it has potential to be a looker /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ie: turbowop's bg galant

Welcome to the org. Sounds like your dad missed out. He should of kept the white one when he had a chance.
The whites definitely the fastest.......not to mention the sexiest. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Mario, it was a pleasure meeting you & our transaction went very smoothly. I don't think my car can beat a stock one lol. At the next local dsm meet we'll try to hit those guys with ~4 gvr4's & see how they like that.

Here's a link to the last dsm meet

I'm going to try to arrange the next one as the guy who did this one failed. Not only wasn't there a rented shelter, there was no food & he was a no show because he sold his dsm & bought a Honda. Luckily for us, Red Bull came by & gave away free drinks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif. I'm goin to try to make a dyno day out of it @ the shop.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sorry for the double post. I had an error msg that said 'sorry cannot proceed' so I hit the browser back button & re-submitt the post. I guess the 1st one went through regardless of the error msg /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

raptorWagon

Welcome!
Quoting Dbossman:

The whites definitely the fastest.......not to mention the sexiest. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

BG truly is the fastest (even though it's yellow now) @ 223mph. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts