The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

yay or nay

turbowop

Replaced my dead Optima redtop under warranty today so was able to take the car out for a spin for the first time this year. Weather was nice this past weekend, but by the time I went to pull the car out of the garage on Sunday, I realized the battery was completely toast. Should've kept a battery tender on it for all those months I guess. Funny, cause the cheapo battery in my 'yota starts right up after sitting in the cold driveway for a month or so. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif Anyway...

I think the Eterna grill actually looks better in person. In pics I think the '92 looks better. I'm kind of torn. The pic of the '92 grill is obviously better quality, which helps it look a little better but...

944b96dd1e720ad.jpg

944b317c0b562eb.jpg

Barnes

I vote '92 grill, but it's a close call for me.

JNR

I like the 92 grill, but one step further would be a mesh instead of horizontal slats. Easiest would be taken from 91, but a custom would be /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Lonewolf64

Out of those 2 I think the Eterna grill looks better, however I would argue that the AMG grill looks far better than either of those. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

deez

strokin4dr

When did you put '93 headlights on 1051, Mark? Looking good.

I like the '92 style grill better on the Belize car. Can you remove the diamond star from the eterna grill like on the '89s, or is there an ugly mounting point behind it?

turbowop

Yeah, there's a big mounting dealie behind it, which is why I suggested possibly painting the diamond star so it doesn't stand out so drastically. I put the '93 lights on sometime last summer. Got them from Jepherz. That was about the same time I put in the projector fogs, JDM corners and JDM fuel door.

Last edited:

Muskrat

I'm going to go ahead and be different and say the Eterna grill looks better. I saw that picture and went, "Wow, that's a nice looking car."

Rausch

Tough call. IMO, the Eterna with the diamond star painted to match (green) or flat (black) would look excellent.

I don't know if it's just all the horizontal lines to the car, or maybe just the IC/vents, but the square/straight look seems to jive with the overall lines more so than the center section of the 92.

On the other hand, that little bit of contrast with the 92 center section does break it up a bit...

Hope that clears things up for ya. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Last edited:

cheekychimp

Mark,

Is the 92 grille completely open? i.e. Are those slats I can see actually the IC behind it? You see to me that is what it looks like but looking at the pictures in your members' rides section it doesn't seem as if your IC core comes up that far /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif I think that might be why the 92 grille looks so good in that particular picture; the slats on the grille match the IC perfectly.

The Eterna looks good too though, but that friggin' diamond logo just ruins it for me. I hate it on the AMG grilles too. What sort of mounting deal is behind it? Surely a body shop could remove it and smooth over any holes etc. That's the route I would go for sure. I have a small collection of grilles going too now and when I get the car(s) painted I will have every grille debadged and painted in the same colour.

Found this picture too. Can't understand why you never liked this. Maybe you just needed to paint it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Edit: On a side note, I actually found the yellow top Optimas to be far, far better at retaining a charge. My yellow top sat in the workshop for 6 months (disconnected) and started the car straight up.

Last edited:

curtis

Eterna but paint the diamond green or black.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I'm with the guys who commented how the horizontal look of the 92 fits well with the I/C appearance. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Brianawd

Whole car looks like ass.

raptorWagon

Quoting BrianAWD:
Whole car looks like ass.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts