The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ecu problem

i have a 91 gvr4 my ecu just went bad before i could send it out to be recapped ( so for those of you who havent done that yet contact terry and get it done pronto ) i just ordered a non eprom ecu out of a 92 eagle talon 2.0 turbo 5 speed transmission awd will this ecu work in my car? i have been told many different things regarding this any thoughts or experiences with this will help

Do you have an AFC to tune with? The DSM ECU is expecting a lower honeycomb in the MAS, which is missing in a GVR-4, so it will run lean at idle. The fueltrims will help over time, or you can add fuel at 1000 and 1500 on the LOW AFC sliders if you have one.

1941Galant

Nick, I have a 1g DSM MAS that you can throw in your car for the time being if you don't want it to run lean at idle with the new ECU.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned