The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

pricing?

ok, out of curiousity... how much do galant VR4's go for, like whats a fair price?
-old and used?
-average?
-beefed up?

gmp

well im in town, and i would sell mine for 6000obo. Its in good running condition could use some body love mostly paint but over all in good shape. ahahah

My Opinion
Old - Used $ 1-3,000.00
Average 3-5,000
Beafed up 3-8,000
Some can fall into two catagories - Beafed up old and used lol
There could be and have been exceptions that would be worth over 8,000 - but far and few

Anything worth less that 1,000 would most likely end up being parted out.

Quoting jazz4001:
ok, out of curiousity... how much do galant VR4's go for, like whats a fair price?
-old and used?
-average?
-beefed up?

Whatever you're willing to pay.

mikus

Rough/rusty/non-running $1-2500
Average range runner 2500-5500
Heavy mod/clean original 4000 to the moon

Tweaked that first range a bit, this is my take of market last few yrs.

gmp

Quoting jazz4001:
-old and used?
-average?
-beefed up?

really i mean it i would sell mine to ya! its a pretty good little fella it has it's little problems but all in all a great car.

ha ha ha i have no doubt you would man, but my finances recently took a turn for the worse, so maybe in a few months, who knows... lol

Felling mine out of sale also.. PM me if you are looking..Some mods are in my sig. I have more.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

DR1665

I'd sure appreciate it if you guys would let me know when you sell or buy one so I can update my research. I'd love to be able to share some actual data reflecting ACTUAL sales figures by condition. Hell, I'm even set up to eventually sort the data by region and even color. (We all know black is the fastest, but is grey the most expensive?)

On top of all that, we're actually establishing pedigree with this project. If a seller wishes to make himself available to potential future owners, I keep that information as well. Does the car you're looking to buy "just need a new clutch" like the seller is saying? Or did he buy it with a grinding transmission and decide to buy a GT35R instead of rebuild the trans and is now trying to unload his f*** up on you?

Such are the benefits of this project... if only more people would participate.

Link to more details in my sig.

I'm trying to put a value on mine too. I love driving it but just can't keep this many DSMs.

I did just put a clutch in it and now it's getting a freshened head & a $200 FelPro gasket too. It'll be in really great shape but it's kinda in between upgraded and heavy modded. Part out value is probably somewhere in the $6-7k range.

I should be out in the garage right now putting her back together but I just don't feel it today. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned