The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

The last 2 big parts came in with Pics Are Working Now

onesickcrx

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif Look what came in this morning It is a new Shep stage 4 and Quatermaster twin disk looks like I should make it to shootout now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Last edited:

curtis

Make sure the hyd system for the clutch is dead on.... then the night before the trip inspect and adjust.....The dual disks have to be adjust and checked every 500 miles or so.

onesickcrx

Thanks for the info I will make sure to check it every 500 or less /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

onesickcrx

I know it I tried3 times I even tried loading pictures that are already on the forum it wouldnt load them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Rausch

Baller. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

onesickcrx

More updates I weighed my new Quatermaster setup with all the hardware to see how much lighter it was then my Centerforce Dual Friction with Act Street Light flywheel and hardware.

Results 18.2 lbs QM vs 23 lbs CF = The Quatermaster is 4.8 lbs lighter I think thats pretty good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Also picture of my dirty old tran vs new /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

boosted_85

How's the chatter with the twin disk setup? I know on some cars it is really loud, sounds like a really bad throwout bearing

turbowop

Quoting boosted_85:
How's the chatter with the twin disk setup? I know on some cars it is really loud, sounds like a really bad throwout bearing

It's pretty bad, but it's to be expected with a twin disk. Chattery, loud reverberation on deceleration, and sounds horrible to people next to you when you're sitting at a stoplight with the clutch disengaged. But they allow quick shifts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Brianawd

Quote:
Make sure the hyd system for the clutch is dead on.... then the night before the trip inspect and adjust.....The dual disks have to be adjust and checked every 500 miles or so.

Thats news to me. I have over 4k on my QM and have never had to re adjust it. Works just the same as it did the day I put it in. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

turbowop

Werd. I'm not even sure what you'd adjust and check? Unless the system is leaking hydraulic fluid, nothing should change. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif I have at least 4k miles on mine as well with no issues.

1badgvr4

I like the how fast I can shift but hate having to explain to people how the car is not going to fall apart every time we take a ride.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned