The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 91 VR4, 34/2000 - Madison, WI $2500 *SOLD*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eighty9TSI

Well I feel as though the time has come for me and my baby to part ways. I have started to grow up and am starting to have different priorities in life. One of my next big moves is going to be not only getting a house but getting married as well. Im starting to go from "I want a neat/fast car" to "I want a house, dog, yard, family...." I never thought I would actually be saying that but I feel like the time has come to pass on 34/2000 to someone else who can appreciate her.

1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 #34/2000 - VIN - JA3CX56U9MZ009361 - 148,484 miles

Not even sure where to start, but I suppose I can outline each system of the vehicle and comment on parts that have been replaced or need attention. Just for the record this car runs and drives fine, purrs like a kitten, its priced to move. Im not one for sitting on a price and dropping it over the next few monthes in the futile attempt to get every penny possible. I feel it is more than worth $2500 and just want to see it go to a good home. I reserve the right to deny the sale to anyone who I think is going to destroy the car, part it out, abuse it, ect. Its a piece of me that has taken me from the Midwest, to the West Coast, back to the East Coast and back to the Midwest again without so much as a hiccup.

Engine:
- Stock 4G63 overall. Never had to open it up for a headgasket or engine problem. Stone stock mitsu, just the way I like it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
- FP Evo 3 Big 16g - Ported - Clipped 10 degrees - 34mm flapper. All work performed by FP at the time of purchase and will come with a SS oil feed line that I have not yet installed. Has roughly 2k miles on the whole setup.
- Hallman Manual boost controller set at a modest 10-11 psi. Basically as low as it will go since I have yet to install a pump/injector/regulator setup. Just got the turbo for the "future" since my stock 14b seals bit the dust.
- Johnny Racecar FMIC, I actually forget exact dimensions. Part of me wants to say 28 x 3 x 18 core with 2.75" outlets but I may be off by a little bit.
- Stock piping at this time since I was going to make my own set. The car will come with Mandrel bent 2.5" pipes that include 2x 180's, 2x 90's and 2x 45's.
- Car will also come with uninstalled Walbro 255 pump.
- MMCD logger setup with all cables and adapters. Not to mention super sneaky hookup port.
- Magnecore wires with 1 step colder plugs changed ~ 2k ago with turbo.
- K&N filter, not recharged in pics, but will be recharged and ultra pink again. Will come with recharge kit that I have.
- 2.5" Turbo back exhaust with Dynamax straight through muffler. I like my car to look subtle and sound good, so I opted for no fart can.
- Apex'i Turbo Timer.
- Power steering pump/belt currently not hooked up. The rear power steering lines started to leak and I was tired of pissing my fluid everywhere, so I just removed the belt from the P/S pump to avoid the whole situation at present. Will need lines rerouted or redone, mostly likely rerouted. I will include a NEW OEM belt with car purchase.

Drivetrain:
- ACT 2600 clutch with 2k on it. I put the clutch in at the same time as the turbo went out. Resurfaced flywheel from AMS as well with new dowels.
- Rear end growls and will need to be changed in the next few thousand miles. The car will come with not only a GVR4 specific 3bolt for a quick change, but also an unassembled 4 bolt. I just havent put either of them in but the car will come with BOTH. Not to mention 4 bolt axles and cups necessary to do swap.
- Recently found that passenger side inner axle boot has torn and will need to be replaced. No clicking axles, just needs a boot.
- 1G "short throw" shifter with 2g leather knob.
- B&G synchromesh trans fluid always used.
- Trans is starting to get notchy, doesnt grind any gears, but its the stock original trans.

Suspension/Wheels/Tires:
- Tein springs with Evo 8 shocks. Great stance without being too slammed. Rides great IMO.
- 92 Nile black rims with near new Kuhmo ASX tires. The tires seriously have 10/32 tread on them. I think they have around 3k on them total. Mounted and balanced myself so you know they are perfect. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
- Drivers side lower control arm bushing is cracking and makes a noise when it gets flexed. I havent had time to pull it all apart and put a new bushing in. I oringally thought it was a strut making the noise and changed it with the noise still there. Ha, should have looked more closely.

Brakes:
- New DOT 4 fluid.
- New rear rotors with 7 miles on them.
- 2 new rear calipers.
- New brakelines from the middle of the car back. They rotted away so I painstakingly double flared all new brake hardlines. Will...never...do...that...again...period.
- New E-brake cables installed from mitsu.
- EBC Green pads in front and Hawk pads in rear.
- SS brake lines installed in rear already, but fronts are still in my toolbox. Car will come with front lines as well.

Interior:
- Mostly stock here with a kenny spec (14u2nv) laser cut radio bezel with gauge cutouts. Currently has Stewart Warner boost gauge but I removed all other gauges and radio. The car will come with not only the stock radio/equalizer, but will come with the aftermarket pigtails to hook up your preferred cd player.
- Leather is near perfect with a small wear spot where my ass rubs across the seat bolster when I get in. Otherwise leather has no splits/cracks/tears of any kind. Always leather care treated and garaged. Wear spot will be shown in pics.
- Dash is also near mint with one tiny star split starting in the usual badge area, will be represented in pics.

Body:
- Stock as stock can be here. The front bumper has seen better days for sure, its not ruined or destroyed but I cant call it mint.
- Paint is glossy and always kept nice, not to mention garaged. Car has a few dings and dents but no real "damage". I hope it will be accurately represented in pics as well. I take good care of my sh*t. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif
- Custom tugboat willy permanent antenna mast. Nothing fancy. I may take tugboat willy as a keepsake though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif
- Wiper linkage has also bent itself so it scrubs weird when used. Will definitely need new wiper linkage.
- Some minor rust on car. The car isnt rotting, but it always has been a midwest car and hopefully all of the spots will be shown in the pics. The prerequisite hood rust spot for sure with a small amount starting on lower/inner door panels. Also getting a little started along the edge of the windshield. Almost no rust can be seen from outside of car, in fact it looks like it doesnt really have any. I just want to be honest about the car though so there are no surprises when someone comes to look at it.
- Passenger side dogleg starting to come off, needs new oem plastic clips, stays on car fine though as it is.
- Have yet to decide of Optima yellow top is going with car. Will include good battery with test slip from actual midtronics battery tester if yellow top doesnt stay. Not sure if it will fit in my S13 or not.

Also included with the car will be all of the DSM parts I own. Its not a huge amount as I got rid of most of it, but if new owner doesnt want it all, I will pitch it. Will also come with factory white wagon wheels. One got curbed hard and is junk, I kept it for posterity, but will still go with car for originality sake.

I have a huge stack of reciepts that will also come with the car from the previous owner and myself, its about an inch thick. Several people on this board can attest to the cars cleanliness and how well it was taken care of. Now onto the pics!

Last edited:

maroonmetallic

Looks like a decent car well worth the money.
I'll be in Madison the night of the 26th.

If you still have it I'd be interested in seeing it.
(I cant buy it though, I already have too many.)

-Shawn

wow.. well worth the drive.. this is the car exactly how i want it.. i gotta think now..

Ian,

I almost teared up man after seeing you post this car. I think back to all the times in Chicago with this Galant! Make no mistake gentlemen, this car is a f***ing steal at that price. Ian is an amazing guy and one of the most honest trustworthy people I have known. Anyone on here that knows Ian will certainly vouch for him. I would like to lie and post up some bullshit about this car in hopes of steering away potential buyers, so Ian would be forced to keep it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif, but I know that he has moved on to bigger more important things in life.

For anyone that is interested in the car, I will say that I have personally driven this car many times and it does perform flawlessly. Ian is not bs'ing in his ad at all, in fact one of the most thorough ads I have read. The whole time I lived with Ian, he literally had the boost down, did not beat on the VR4 and did not have any failures. Honestly I cannot remember one failure on this car in all that time, you'd swear it was a damn Honda! One of the more reliable examples of these cars. The transmission always shifted smooth, no typical VR4 tranny issues. Ian was always more than satisfied with the GVR4 in a stock like form and it shows with his maintenance. Car was babied period. Amazing buy, stupid low price IMHO, but I know Ian isn't trying to make a killing. That isn't what this sale is about.

As for you Ian, I wish you the best of luck with the sale bud, I know you will get the asking price without hesitation. I wish you wouldn't sell it man, but everybody has their time. Best regards to you man, hope all goes your way.

Nick

Last edited by a moderator:

gvr4ever

I actually test drove this car before the current owner got it. It drove very straight and very well. It was a few years ago, but it drove very well for a older car. Gear box was still smooth and engine was strong. At the time it only had an exhaust and it seemed faster then I thought it should be.

Eighty9TSI

Thanks for the kind words, especially from you nick. Yeah, I definitely could not believe that I would post a for sale ad for this car. But me and my goals have changed and its just time to move on. Hopefully someone will have interest in this car or I'll be putting an ad on craigslist and letting the craigslist sharks get to it. I was hoping somebody from the forum would be interested in it. But with so many views and no response I am already thinking it may be time for a broader expansion of the car's for sale status.

4G63_GSR

car looks great. glws. 3K is not a bad deal at all. wish i was in the market to get back into a gvr4.

Eighty9TSI

Thanks again, I would also like to "update" this ad with another possible outcome. I would also be in the market to trade for a little truck of some kind. I find myself needing a truck more and more often and having a little truck would be great. Ideally I am looking for 4WD and import of some kind like a little nissan/datsun, toyota, jeep, even f-150/250, chevy. It doesnt HAVE to be 4WD. I just would prefer it.

Would also possibly trade for a decent import of some type. Looking for any sort of honda civic or acura, possibly toyota. Let me know what you have. I am wanting it to be stock though. I dont want some piece of garbage project that has been started or something that is rusting to nothing. I just want a good reliable little car or truck.

Willing to throw cash in on my end if necessary.

Eighty9TSI

Good question, cant believe I even left that out. The A/C works flawlessly and has a new charge of R-12 that is roughly 1 year old. Working at a Mercedes dealership did have its perks. Access to R-12 machines for all those old men who want to keep their benz's original. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Another thing I forgot. The car will come with a complete ABS delete including all stock prebent lines and proportioning valve all in excellent condition. Just didnt install it yet, but every line is accounted for and is GVR4 specific.

Last edited:

4wheelsqueal

Being in madison, i'm guess that the dealership off the beltline? if so, do you know jamuga watson? taller black guy who works in parts? oh and that is a beautiful vr4. glad i have too many now or i'd be trying to find the cash for yours from somewhere.

Eighty9TSI

I think its easy, you dont even notice it while actually driving. Now parking lot maneuvers require some work, but I dont even notice it anymore. Like I also said, I will be including a new OEM mitsu power steering belt, and the pump works fine, it just leaks at the rear lines so I disconnected it for the time being.

Any more questions let me know.

Eighty9TSI

Just reduced the price for GVR4.org members only. $2500 takes it.

Eighty9TSI

Yeah, it is. I have had a few tire kickers and low ballers, but the car is still here and for sale.

Eighty9TSI

Sold to dsm93. Thanks to all other interested parties, but John had been in contact with me for awhile and had dibs so to speak, not to mention he had a decently far drive to make. He drove her home tonight. Sad day. Had to fight the tears as she drove away...never thought I would get rid of her. John knew what was up and I can say with confidence she is in good hands.

Thanks again-
It was a great ride home, no radio to distract me, just the sound of the engine. Besides the power steering issue, I'm really happy w/ the way it rides. Thumps up to a great seller. I'll take care of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts