The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Some update on my car

I haven't posted anything about my car in quite some time. That's because it's been jackstand balling for almost 2 years. I tried to sell it a while back but ended up just selling all the performance items & replacing them with stock parts. I never really did any major upgrade under the hood & got a 1st hand experience of how tight the gvr4 engine bay is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif. Anyway enough BS, here's what I've done:

Mitsubishi 25g
external wg
fmic is back on 2.5" hot side & 2.5"->3" cold side aluminum piping
4" intake
civic radiator
evo 9 mas
3" cmpe exhaust
dump tube (still needs to be extended)

to be done:
5 lug conversion
Evo 8/9 wheels

There are a lot of wires & vacuum lines to clean up but that's going to be done over time. I haven't gotten on it yet but it feels good to be driving it again. My motor is still stock & this turbo can blow out ~550whp under perfect conditions. I'm only going to get it tuned for ~400whp for now & simply enjoy driving it around town.

All the factory accessories are still under the hood including the power steering, cruise control, a/c & all emissions stuff including the charcoal canister. Absolutely nothing was cut as I was anal about not butchering the car.

Last edited by a moderator:

25g is a Mitsubishi (I think it was made by Greddy) turbo with a t3 flange. It comes with 2 different size back housings & the one I have it the larger of the two. The turbo is a little old school but rock solid, reliable as a 14b & very very streetable. It will make ~520awhp @ 30psi.

Later on, the intercooler pipes will be removed & polished, right now the bov is vented & that will eventually be recirculated. I got that from Keydiver a while back when I picked up some parts from him along with the radiator fan. So far the tempreature guage hasn't shown it's running any hotter than with the factory radiator. I need to charge up my pda to log it to see exactly what's going on. However more importantly, I'm driving it again & just that alone feels so rewarding I'm giddy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

464/2K

Garfield, leave the 18"s!!!

I got one too

I hear ya! After 2-3 years of restoring 1649. I've been daily driving it for close to 2 years now. It's great. Some of us old schoolers who started out with a DSM experimented and hacked them to death now appreciate the time and effort it takes to build a quality fast and reliable car.

The car looks great btw! I wished my engine bay looked that good. I guess it's time for some powder coating!

dmj

Glad to see it up and running, engine bay looks good, drive it up to Orlando maybe we could do a FL meet soon as most of the FL guys are getting their cars off the jackstands.

Brianawd

Quote:
Whats the 25G Garf, is it a greddy variant?

The 25g is just a T67

OK. Today I added something to the car, can you tell what it is? Don't mind the rally stance as that will be remedied soon.

464/2K

mud flaps?

4Grim

I thought you sold the car..but I was wrong. Looks great man...your GVR4 is clean!

Man I want those mud flaps bad /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Well, i can't promise anything, but perhaps i can arrange 1(!!) pair... Not sure about the costs as well..

@GW, Looking good!!! Very,Very clean car!

Here's the good news. The front flaps gvr4 specific & I'm looking into duplicating them.

Ralli380Gvr4

^^^do it!! I would be in for a pair. BTW the car looking great!!

cspetros

I love the two-tone theme. It definitely adds to the character of the car.

You also added a stock spoiler too right?

Love your car Garfield. Maybe another GVR4 meet but in Atlanta this time and you can drive it up!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts