The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

JDM RS bumper question

slobra

I have the chance to buy an RS front bumper for $350 shipped. Its being included on a pallet full of Mirage cyborg parts that is being parted out from Australia.

The only problem is that it doesn't have the metal support or fog lights. Would I be better off waiting for a bumper with fogs and the support to come along or is this a good enough price to get it shipped over and get metal support fabricated for it?

turbowop

Are we talking the whole metal support structure for the bumper cover here, or just the frame mounts?

There's a non-RS on ebay right now for $199 "buy-it-now" and $199 for shipping. It has both the support and blinker fogs. I would just pay the extra $50 shipped for it over one that doesn't include fogs or the support.

Unless you're holding out for an RS version, which isn't worth the premium they seem to get, IMO.

slobra

Oh Ok, I see that one on ebay. The bumper I was looking at is missing the whole metal support.

I'm looking at these bumpers and, whats the difference between the rs and non-rs bumper? Is there a subtle lip at the bottom of an RS bumper?

brisvr4

The RS bumper has extra vents in it. That's pretty much the only difference.

GIjoe

I have a JDM bumper with no supports and it sucks cuz its hard to fab the support ofr it... its just sitting in my garage.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

91GSR

is there a thread somewhere with liek pics and descriptions of all the bumpers? i would like to know if mine is the stock one or not. did all vr4's come with foglights? mine has them but everyone seems to always be looking for them so i didnt know...

slobra

Thanks, you guys saved me alot of BS, and money /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. I'll probably just stick with my factory bumper but if I get anything, It'll be the one turbowop mentioned.

JSchleim18

I'd wait for one that comes with foglights and try to get all new brackets. Mine sticks out because the brackets were messed up.

GIjoe

Quoting 91GSR:
is there a thread somewhere with liek pics and descriptions of all the bumpers? i would like to know if mine is the stock one or not. did all vr4's come with foglights? mine has them but everyone seems to always be looking for them so i didnt know...

You probably have the usdm stock bumper. All vr4s came with fogs, but for example mine are missing as well because of the intercooler piping...also a lot of ppl are looking for jdm fogs that only fit in the jdm bumper..

eviLntt

There is also a non-turbo JDM bumper that has different size/style foglights than the turbo RS/non RS bumpers (I think the AMG bumper has the same size as the later two as well).

jepherz

Staff member
Quoting turbowop:
Are we talking the whole metal support structure for the bumper cover here, or just the frame mounts?

There's a non-RS on ebay right now for $199 "buy-it-now" and $199 for shipping. It has both the support and blinker fogs. I would just pay the extra $50 shipped for it over one that doesn't include fogs or the support.

Unless you're holding out for an RS version, which isn't worth the premium they seem to get, IMO.

Who is the seller, Mark? I got one through everspring sports, I think. It is a non-RS, with blinker/fogs and I think it's just missing the frame mounts, but I'm not sure since I've never seen pics of them on the car frame. Super fast shipping too from malaysia; about a week.

Last edited:

RedTwo

Quoting 91GSR:

H05TYL

That's all well and good except it's wrong.

Well some of it...

The extra vent on the bumper, and bonnet vents are only found on Evo0 (510's, 16G, 4 bolt, etc) spec models, there are facelift vr4's, and even facelift RS's that do not have them.

bazeng

Don't forget monte carlo's

If anybody wants one, I have a monte carlo bumper with foggies available.

The only issue is shipping!!

Quote:
If anybody wants one, I have a monte carlo bumper with foggies available.

You sir may become very popular after that statement /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Might try DHL for shipping,or just jump on the internet google world wide shipping and start getting quotes....heck I might just look into that myself.

GIjoe

Quoting RedTwo:
Quoting 91GSR:

Is the extra vent an added piece of plastic? or is it molded fro mthe bumper and than painted a different color?
If its a separete piece, it might be cool if somebody could take it off and make fiberglass/CF duplicates.... then ppl with regular jdm bumpers could hack it in somehow... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts