The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Galant VR4 Specific Products

Alright so I don't know if you guys have this started already or not but here we go. I saw that DSMtuners had a list going on in the vendor forums titled "Products the DSM crowd would like to see made." I figure maybe there are some products Galant VR4 owners would like to see made as well. So let the list begin /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

pachood_1953

A full line of jdm and AMG body parts in CF /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

fivestardsm

I second that^^^!!
Maybe a cf cluster bezel with guage pods in it. I saw one (fiberglass) once along time ago, wish I would have bought it.

Last edited:

fivestardsm

Hey, how about the under-dash pieces also.

Steve.

Last edited:

Ive looked around quite a bit and never found that. The price is pretty steep though. But if no other alternatives, bite the bullet. Thanks for the heads up though.

What about hard parts like:

3 point front strut bar (triangulated)

Any other parts you guys can think of that can be made of metal such as stainless or aluminum that are needed?

Flip4G63

^^ x 100000

more suspension bits. we are running out of what we used to be able to get.

full bushing kits. that replace EVERY bushing. kinda like the 2G master kit made.

there is so much i have thought about but its early and i'm not thinking well right now.

jepherz

Staff member
I'm sorry, but maybe parts aren't made for these cars because people say they want them, but won't pony up with the money when they are made available? Paulo has made plenty of parts, including an AMG wing, and AMG side cladding, but I have yet to see a car with his side cladding installed.

Full bushing kits were available, until whiteline announced they were cutting back on most of their parts. There just isn't a market for them.

Pony up the money and make it worth someone's time. Then anything can be made.

Flip4G63

as long as ive owned my gvr4's whiteline hasnt had a FULL bushing kit. its a mix and match thing.

jepherz

Staff member
Yeah, but you can put it all together yourself, I could give you ever part number. As far as I know, since Boostx/Curtis made rear subframe bushings, the ONLY bushings you couldn't buy on our cars are the radiator support bushings.

Flip4G63

could being the key word.. it wanst availible when i got mine only some where

i'm one that would drop the money on it.

Quoting Flip4G63:
as long as ive owned my gvr4's whiteline hasnt had a FULL bushing kit. its a mix and match thing.

This is true. Whiteline has only made a few sets for this car. NOWHERE near a full set even if you source them all.

On topic, I'm just finishing up with the first (that I know of) top-mount twin-scroll exhaust manifolds that are as close to "bolt-on" as you're going to get. They clear EVERYTHING on a stock Galant VR4 except the radiator fans. You have to ditch the stock fans and run push fans on the front. Otherwise they clear the radiator, motor mount, alternator, power steering, etc., and will support up to a GT37R size turbo.

I would love to see pics of said manifold /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

A proper clutch-pack center diff (unless someone can show that an EvoIII one will fit).

Quote:
patch harness or harness extension (No more splicing into factory harness)

X100 seeing how every time I touch a sensor the wiring self-distructs

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned