The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Idle and cut out issues.

deez

I have two gremlins I'm gonna try to work out this week. One is the idle. When coming to a stop, the clutch goes in and the revs drop to 400-600, and it catches itself and gets back to where its supposed to be most of the time. Sometimes it dies. Sometimes it does what its supposed to do and goes down to 1100rpms, then when I stop it goes to 850. According to the logger, the reed switch in the speedo is working.
The other is a new problem. At 20psi and onlhy 4k-4500rpms, it cuts out. Lower boost, no problems. Other revs, no problems. I thought I might be blowing out the spark, but why would it only happen at those very specific revs and at high boost?
Thanks in advance.

Nabeel

Check these....LEAK, ISC, ECU.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts