The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

tuning on e85

I'm about to have my car tune next saturday and I'm thinking about having it tuned on e85 but first I wanted to get some opinions on it.

I was told if I run e85 that I have to it all the time. Its not my daily driver so it wouldn't bother me if I had to.

E85 is the best stuff in the world as far as I'm concerned. I had no complaints when I was running it. I lost 2-3 mpg, but that's the only bad thing that came from it. If you want a higher level of performance without the cost of race fuel then it's the best stuff around.

dont think theres a need for another debate or thread on this. Either throw some race gas or E85 in your tank and get it tuned on that and keep it on that. Sense its not your daily you shouldnt have a problem. What are you going to be using to tune it? Also does the place your going have experiance with E85?

ctm

DSMLink v3 with it's ability to save 2 maps allows him to go "bi" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Brianawd

What the hell is E85? If its so good where can I get some for my car.

thecman02

hahah Brian. There's numerous posts about being able to run 22+ timing and running 12.5 afr's or leaner with good results. As long as you have big injectors and a big fuel pump and a good way to tune. You can switch back to gas whenever your tank is low. If its your first time running e85 I'd recommend having fuel filter replaced after a tank. Depending on miles and state of your fuel system you might have to do that again, but I haven't had any problems on stock lines for 2-3 years now.

Nartanian

The blends are not always consistent though. Towards winter time here in MN it drops down to E70 which is still leaps and bounds better than pump gas.

prove_it

Yea the blends are not always the same. It's best to find one good station and stick to it. As for the winter and summer blends, you just got to be cautious when first filling up or driving for the year.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned