The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Since i've never really posted about my car...here goes

Scientist

I started stripping her to prep for paint.
img0825ew7.jpg

img0826tb9.jpg

img0831lh2.jpg

img0834dq7.jpg

img0834hu0.jpg

img0838sn0.jpg

img0839zc0.jpg

img0841pz9.jpg

img0842vv0.jpg

img0843bk4.jpg

Lonewolf64

I love the color it has now. Are you respraying it the same color? By the way, what are your mod plans? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Scientist

Christmas is HERE!!!!!!
img0845oo5.jpg

img0846hb7.jpg

img0850xm6.jpg

I'm spraying it a bit darker grey with some gun grey rims when i finish my 5 lug conversion
I have an Evo 2 16G and elbow
2nd Gen Eclipse MAF.
ARP Headstuds
ARP Main Studs
ARP Rod Bolts
Solid Motor Mounts
Stainless Steel Exhaust Manifold Studs and nuts with copper washers.
STM Oil Cooler with braided lines
Evo 560cc injectors
Supra TT Fuel Pump
Fuel Lab FPR, steel braided feed and return line.
FP Race Manifold
3" Cat Back
3" Downpipe
3" Test Pipe
Evo 7 Shocks with HKS springs
4 Bolt LSD rear end with axles and cups
5 Lug conversion
Solid Shifter cable bushings
Solid shifter base bushings
ACT 2600 HDSS clutch and pressure plate
Greddy Turbo timer

These are all i've bought for the car. Still waiting on the majority of those parts to arrive

JSchleim18

wow that's gonna be a very nice car...good luck with her and I hope all goes smooth on the build up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Scientist

yeah..still have to address engine management and engine rebuild.

Plans for next year include a cusco roll cage

I love that color silver as we didn't get it on VR-4s in the states, we did get Kensington grey which is darker however. I would keep it the same silver if I were you. Makes it more original in this hemisphere at least. Good luck!

boostx

yep that silver is sweet

NYC86ZC

Nice man. Looks like that FMIC has seen better days.

I was in Dominica about a year ago and saw some pretty sweet EDM/JDM cars when i was there.

Good luck with the car and take some after pics when it's done.

damn that car is gonna be sweet, and that color will look awesome with the matching wheel color...good luck with the car and cant wait to see the finishing product...

toybreaker

iconoclast
Quote:
Still waiting on the majority of those parts to arrive

That's the part I hate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

That's going to be a very nice ride when you get it done. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

edit Do you have a heat shield for that exhaust manifold? I'm thinking of getting that same manifold, and I haven't resolved the heat shield situation to my satisfaction yet.

If you will not be running a heat shield on the exhaust mani, may I humbly suggest that you re-install the hood heat shield/insulation?

It would be a shame to have your fresh paint damaged from all that heat your new set-up will produce.

Last edited:

Scientist

Well the under hood insulation was already gone b4 i bought the car. I will have to fabricate something.

Thanks for the link sag...i was talking to my friends about getting one last night since they were asking me how am i going to handle re-installation and dealing with oil once the new paint goes on the car

Scientist

Well finally about 70% of my parts have arrived.

Still need exhaust and a few others....but the ETS front mount is here as well as everything i ordered from street tuned motorsports

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Classifieds Listings