The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What was the MSRP for a 91-92 GVR4

Hello,
Just wondering if we had any original owners on here or people that were lucky enough to still have the retail purchase sticker for their GVR4.
I was curious on the price of the car new plus the price of the options that were offered which I think was just the moon roof. I wonder also if there was much difference between 91 and 92 price wise. Anyway I know someone on here has the information, thanks!!
BEN

If someone can, scan it and put it under the "Read Me First" heading in the Tecnnical Questions area section. Then we all can see it when we want, and it's usefull.......

I got my window sticker in the glove box of the car. I'll look for a scanner today.

Gvr4-330

Here's a picture of one from my 1991 VR-4. Owner paid full price back in Dec of 1990.

Click on the link for a full-sized pic.

I just wish the VR-4 I'm keeping had all this paperwork.

Oh, I just remembered that the other options for both years were different radio options such as CD players.

Rob

GVR-4

The only options were sunroof, cd player and something else related to sound system.

dp

Turbo4door1

The third option was "premium audio system" or something to that affect. I'll try to scan my window sticker in tonight and post it. That's the only option my car had. NO CD, and no sun-roof.

number3

Jon, Mark, and Doug all bought theirs brand new didn't they?
wink.gif

Hertz

Staff member
quote:Originally posted by Nate:
[QB... but who in their right mind would pay almost $25G for a GVR4? Not me. We got his car when it was 1 year old with 20K on it for $15K, in flawless condition. [/QB]Reminds me of all the Evo 8 discussions floating around... Does anyone know how to do a "1991 dollars" calculation? What would the Evo 8 sell for in 1991, or what would a GVR-4 sell for today?

To answer my own question... if this is the right way to do it... The average rate of inflation from 1996 onwards is 4.6%. I applied this back to 1991. If the GalantVR4 was $21,000 in 1991, the same vehicle would cost $35,61.35 in "2003 dollars".

GVR4458

I thought that some publication did the write-up and the sticekr for an ordinary galant was about $14k.

Typically cars go up at about 4% per year if you believe the Mits dealer. I think the cause is primarily inflation but there are likely other factors.

I would gladly pay $35k for a 2003 Galant VR-4 (left hand drive of course). If we ever get these again, I will pay sticker.

EH

very intersting,thanks for those pics.and ,cars rate can go 4% a year but each car has its own rates.

Hertz

Staff member
I was talking about the value of the dollar (inflation), not the value of the car (appreciation or depreciation). Yeah if there was a never-driven 1991 VR-4 sitting on a lot it would probably have a lower than $21,000 sticker.

If we were talking about the value of a particular 1991 or 1992 VR-4 it would likely be negative numbers. My VR-4 is worth about $-200 right now. I keep throwing money at it to get that number up but it just keeps slipping.
smile.gif

Nate

The window sticker on my dad's 92 GVR4 had the sticker price of $24,865. It did have the sunroof and CD player, but who in their right mind would pay almost $25G for a GVR4? Not me. We got his car when it was 1 year old with 20K on it for $15K, in flawless condition.

chucklesas

Wow, I'll have to try and scan mine when I go home this weekend, but I believe mine was stickered at around $26,000
shocked.gif

quote:Originally posted by Hertz:
What would the Evo 8 sell for in 1991, or what would a GVR-4 sell for today?
To answer my own question... if this is the right way to do it... The average rate of inflation from 1996 onwards is 4.6%. I applied this back to 1991. If the GalantVR4 was $21,000 in 1991, the same vehicle would cost $35,61.35 in "2003 dollars". [/QB]EVO 8 options: $5,000 leather interior & automatic seatbelts
wink.gif

Too bad our stupid belts weren't an option. Would save me a lot of conversion trouble.

no sh*t... i hate automatic seatbelts. at least ours are in a little better position than the tel ones. if only i had a dollar for every time i've been whacked in the head by the ones on my brothers tsi... unfortunately i'm too lazy/broke to do the conversion.

anyway, to keep this on topic, i found my original window sticker when i was goin through the documentation the previous owner had a few weeks ago. i was so pumped, i love stuff like that. kinda spooked me when i saw theymightbegalants'. mine looked almost identical to that one, except mine was originally sold in kansas city and i'm pretty sure it came into the country on the pacific coast (washington?, i think). colors, options, price numbers, etc. all match up exactly.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts