The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Opinions: HID Retrofit

JSchleim18

Well I decided to take a few snaps of my HID retrofit I did on my car...SORRY: NO BEAM PICS YET! i haven't powered the car yet as I'm still working on it but i figured i'd show you the pics...it was done about a month ago

Camera Phone FTL!

Lemme know what you think and if you have any questions feel free to ask...Thanks

Last edited:

JSchleim18

Thanks for the kind words

probably 12 hours into the work on the headlights themselves...it was fun but also a pain...I am scared about the aiming part...my driver side looks a little cock-eyed compared to the one in this pic but if i can get the aiming down i'll be very happy!

Gvr4-330

Looks good. How'd you do the shroud?

I found that making the shroud and sealing up the rear to be the hardest part.

Rob

JSchleim18

TSX headlight housing and just trim up the high beam...yeah that wasn't too hard after i figured out what to use for it

as far as sealing the rear or in my case the projector to the headlight i used JB qwik to mount it and hold it, then JB weld to finish it off with a stronger sealant

Gvr4-330

I tried a TSX high beam... I ended up cracking it, so I gave up on that idea.

You did a great job of it.

JSchleim18

i'm gonna try to snap a pic of it tomorrow...it looks aight but it's basically the back of the tsx projector (like a half circle) and JB welded

Sr71sss

yes the proper way to add HID to our cars, good job looks really nice, keep us updated on your inpressions on how it performs when you drive the car /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/blush.gif. I thought about retrofit the E36/E46 BMW lights also as the profile looks like it works plus i have people that can get them next to nothing including the audi tt lights too...

JSchleim18

I should have my car running around x-mas...here's another pic but this time of the driver side...it's a little cock-eyed compared to the pass side

spartan

that looks bad ass, a write up for the how to section would be great!

JSchleim18

I'll try my best with a write-up...i just wish i took pics of the process!

mikus

/ubbthreads/images//graemlins/applause.gif that looks GREAT imo. Looking forward to details.

GSX_TC

someone should do this, and sell hem on here for board members. i would def buy a set like this!

cheekychimp

Somebody already does ...

img.php

img.php

img.php

BTW looking great JS ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Other side doesn't look wonky to me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Last edited:

GIjoe

Could you please tell me who sells those? thanks

dustyduff

The mad scientist of the board of course. He doesn't sell them, but he can modify them for you if you supply the parts. The problem is that he has so many projects already. I'm patiently waiting for him to free up time to do my set.

GSX_TC

Quoting JSchleim18:
I should have my car running around x-mas...here's another pic but this time of the driver side...it's a little cock-eyed compared to the pass side

I was talking about someone should make these and sell them. these are something i would be very interested in.

Last edited:

Brunoboy

Quoting cheekychimp:
Somebody already does ...

img.php

img.php

img.php

BTW looking great JS ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Other side doesn't look wonky to me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

The head lights look BAD ASS!, I would rock them all day, and these Fogs look good too ^

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned