The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

92 Black Galant VR4 (3/1000) - SOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

number3

img.php

DSC_7610.jpg

DSC_7616.jpg

Lots of information and pictures in here.

You will get plenty of extras along with this once in a lifetime opportunity. Examples: The matching painted steel hood that I took off to install the carbon fiber hood. The polished SSR wheels (17x7 very light and rare) will also be included in the sale.

I might also include the trailer in the price that I used to take it to shows or atleast give it away for a steal. (over $2,000 alone) I have 7 trophies that I have won with it that will be included as well. I have roughly a half dozen Galant VR4 1:24 models that will be included, including one that was fully built and is in a lighted display case. I have about 10 1:43 scale die cast rally models that also could be included as well. Some of them are signed by the drivers. ($500-$1,000 worth) RalliArt carbon fiber keychain fob I got from them in Japan. I have a RalliArt watch as well. (A real one not a ebay knock off) that I bought in Japan directly from RalliArt (hundereds of dollars)

I have the owners manual and a 1992 GVR4 OEM key chain as well as two 3/1000 alum one that were made by someone ont he board.

I have very clean examples of many of the different headlights that fit this car. I have two sets of very good condition OEM driving lights. I have a brand new 23 spline transfer case that has never been removed from the bag.

The Volks wheels ($2,200.00) are one of a kind (17x8.5 very light)

This car is all custom built. Could not be built again at any price (The carpet in the car was the last brand new one ever sold, for example) but if you tried it would be double or triple of the asking price. If you really wanted to, you could buy it and sell the peices and make money.

I personally don't want to do that to something I spent the last 11 years building unless I absolutly had to.

Very little of this car has not been improved in one way or another. It is built to run 40-45+ PSI of boost. It was running 30 PSI in the dyno video linked above. It makes as it sits over 500 hp with more to go if you want it to. My goal was 500 so that is where I left it. It pulls very hard with as little as 18 psi and scares the crap out of you at 30 and you have 10-15 more to go if you dare (currently only tuned for 30)

This car was painted the right way (Corvette black) It took months to strip the car down to nothing. (see pictures) and each piece was painted individually in a professional paint booth by a professional painter. Each fender, unassembled door, the hood, trunk, etc was painted off the car then reassembled. The fuel door was shaved by welding in a blank and then filled. This alone took a day of work. You can even see where the door was!

The odometer reads 76,000 I think. I have 1430 miles on the car since it entire rebuild/restoration. This car is just getting broken in for you.

I feel silly giving details because I feel that most know them already. The above is just a few examples of how nice this car is and it could be yours.

If you questions let me know and I will answer them.

If you want to talk about buying the car, PM me and I will give you my phone number.

Please share this info with anyone that maybe interested. Thank you for your time.

The car will be sold as is.

Last edited:

number3

It holds roughly 10 gallons.

curtis

Damn Harry make the buyers be interviewed first...part of me just died. /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/bawling.gif

number3

I forgot I removed a lot of the pictures from MSN and I can not upload here. I have hundereds of photos of number3. Just ask if you need to see something.

I will try and upload them to www.flickr.com or

click

Guys I am serious about selling this car.

Nate

This really deserves a trip to the strip before it goes. :)

Sorry to see it up for sale, but it's not getting much use.

JNR

Reasonable price for a nicely done GVR-4...too bad you have to sell, but I know how it is with priorities and toys not mixing /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/smile.gif

I would love to buy your car but it would end up seeing daily driver use and I'd feel guilty using it as that.

Gorgeous car though, I really hope it goes to a good home where it won't get trashed.

steve

"Tell them about the discount, Harry!"

Sorry, annoying commercial reference that just popped in my head. Good luck Harry, the car is beautiful in person as you well know.

number3

Quote:
I would love to buy your car but it would end up seeing daily driver use and I'd feel guilty using it as that.

Gorgeous car though, I really hope it goes to a good home where it won't get trashed.

I wouldn't feel bad if someone made it a daily driver. It deserves to be driven.

number3

Quote:
This really deserves a trip to the strip before it goes. :)

Sorry to see it up for sale, but it's not getting much use.

You are welcome to take it if you like.

Nate

Remember the last time I tried to get it ready for strip use? That's why the trans got rebuilt the last time. :)

number3

There are thousands of dollars worth of extras that will go with the car if I get my asking price.

You will get a CD ROM or two or three depending on how many it takes to copy all the photos I have of number3. Some are over 8 years old. They show the cars build up and the shows we have been to. Etc.

I have a file folder 2-3" thick with head flow sheets, receipts, dyno chart, alighnment sheets. (The alighnment and corner balancing work done on the car was $700)

Last edited:

4orced4door

Do you take payments? /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/grin.gif

I've been drooling over this car since before I got my first Galant five years ago...

number3

Yes.

One payment of $20K would do it.

Quote:
Yes.

One payment of $20K would do it.

Hey! you raised the price $5. In the title it says $19,995! LOL J/K

Man I have the money to do it, But not the wife that will let me. Great car.

Actually I remember this car was up for sale for 40k once. It was a joke but still. /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts