The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

stud/nut sizes

ken inn

ok, i just put on my warm booties, and went outside. both studs are 1.25 pitch. both are 40mm in length, the cyl head is 8mm, the exh is 10mm

Thanks again Ken! Nice to see you actually get out of the house now and then :))

Sorry to bother for this..didn't see it in a search.
What's the pitch for the 8mm exhaust manny studs.Also, I broke the stud coming out of the 14b to the O2 housing - anyone know the size of the stud/nut?
Thanks, Kevin

ok yeah i need to go to a hardware store and pick up some stainless studs for myself....so ken says the length of the stud is 40mm. my question is how much of that 40mm is allowed to go into the head. when i was removing those old studs from the head, it didnt seem like that much of them was actually screwed in there. so is there a limit to how much you can screw into the head?
what i will be doing is buying stainless studs from the hardware store that have heads so i wont have to go with the stud/nut deal as they are stock on the car.

i think i said head too many damn times there
wink.gif

I think Ken was saying that 8mm of the 40mm goes into the head, and 10mm for the manifold end.Erik A.
#206/1000

ken inn

there are 2 threaded sides of the 8mm stud, the short side goes into the head, only about 10mm of this is threaded, then there is a non threaded part that will stop the stud from going any farther. so, maybe 12mm max can go into the head.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts