The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GReddy PRofec-B Spec-II quicklinks

This is a copy of an email I sent to a member asking about the GReddy PRofec-B Spec-II and how to set it up. The links aren't my work, just a collection of what I found that works.

First, make sure it's installed right. This is easy to do wrong. Here are a couple of pages:

Greddy Profec Installation and Tuning

GReddy PRofec-B Spec-II

Quoting RRE's instructions:

"Mitsubishi have fuel pressure controlling solenoid valves. Make sure to get the pressure from the line between the intake manifold and the solenoid." This is where most people make a mistake on DSMs. If you have removed this solenoid, tee it in at the FPR line.

You'll basically remove a ton of hoses and such. You need to keep the electrical connector to the factory boost control solenoid. Don't forget to cap everything off that you removed. It's a good time to remove your EGR valve if you are going to. Clean up them hoses. Run a good cat.

Once it's hooked up right, just tune it like the instructions. Piece of cake. Works like a charm.

Here's a good link for the tuning piece. Makes plain English sense of what the knobs do:

How To Tune Your Greddy Profec B spec II

twkd

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts