The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Intrepid COP setup!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33689&item=7964632790
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33689&item=7964633192
If anyone is thinking about doing the coil on plug setup, this would be the place and time to buy them. 250.00 is a great deal. Just in parts now, I have over 200.00 and I still haven't made my plate. The only thing I don't get is why one of the setups is 250.00 and the other is 500.00. Does anyone have a clear answer for this?

I forgot to say, Tym Switzer is selling them so you know you get a quality setup!

Last edited by a moderator:

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I'd say he's testing the market. Better get one of the $249 while they last!

That is for sure, dirt cheap. Like I said I am making my own and I will have that much in parts alone.

14u2nV

I think I can mass produce these, for around $200/each, including coils, plate, plugs, and quality cardboard packaging. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Mine are made of 1/4" alum. also.

14u2nV

ohhhh, no sir,,,, I might be able to get them for $5 each,,, if not, I have a way to make my own that work great. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The connectors them selves are around 5.00 but the splice wires are another 3 or 4.00 each.

Damn you. I just wasted more money. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Are they new or used?

14u2nV

I find out today if the "new" ones will work (~$5ea). If I make my own, They will of course be new as well.

14u2nV

I think the only difference is that a 2.7 uses a spring, and a 3.5 uses a rod. Also,, my 2.7's have the two mounting holes oposite each other, not one on one side, and the other on the end. Other than that, they look identical. I don't imagine there is much difference in performance for one over the other. Maybe someone else who knows can chime in. Also, I've read that the springs can be removed and replaced with a copper or aluminum rod, which would make it the same thing.

I really would like to know why there are 2 different prices for apparently the same thing as well?!? AEM is coming out with the CDI and individual coils as well. You still need to use wires and plugs but other than that, it still seems to be a nice set up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gabor

Called him to verify.
The price is $249.00 He doesn't know why the $499 item is still up there. That was the old price. He don't want to say which coils he use 2.7 or 3.5
He's affraid people will copy it.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Good question, as Mitsu has many cop applications now. I'm going to look into that.

definitiely a cool idea and when I get my galant I may get those, just for ease of install and cleanliness, but looking at the pic on ebay, the aluminum was cut horribly. If you look closer on the right side, it's all jagged and none of the holes are even drilled straight...pretty half ass to me.

I'll look somewhere else for a COP

geoff

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts