The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

"Tein Spirit"

number3

Well I drove number3 today for some break in miles and the car seems to handle pretty well, so far as I can tell.

The rear top nuts on the Teins keep coming loose. I think I have a fix though. I need to soften them up (currently on #8) the car bounces real hard over bumps. They are much stiffer than the AGX/H&R combo.

Harry

number3

I just had my car weighed and corner weighed.

number3 weighs 3278 lbs.

945 LF 915 RF

721 LR 697 RR

No gas to speak of in the tank w/o driver.

I still have rear bumper, AC and power steering.
Battery in the rear of the car. No power seat belts. Stock seats. Wheels and tires are roughly the same as stock (with in a few pounds)

Cage, FMIC, turbo, and WG are the major weight add ons that I can think of.

...with a someone about 20lbs heavier than me in the driver seat and still very little gas.

1038 937

797 732

Tint on the windows is about all I have left to do to the car.
cool.gif

4orced4door

quote:Originally posted by number3:

cool.gif
Must be nice!
tongue.gif

quote:Originally posted by 4orced4door:

cool.gif
Must be nice!
tongue.gif
Well when you put as much time and money into your car as #3 then even the tint is a last item
wink.gif
. BTW Harry what alignment settings did you get for your Tein?

number3

LF

Camber -.03
caster 3.26
toe .07

RF

Camber -.33
caster 3.32
toe .06

FRONT

cross camber .29
cross caster -.07
total toe .13
wheel base difference .07
track width diff -.42
track width 60.5"
ride highth 13.64"

LR

camber -1.12
toe .42

RR

camber -.68
toe .42

REAR

Total toe .82
thrust angle .00
set back .14
axle offset .00
track width 59.7"
ride height 13.24"

They are much stiff than the AGX/H&R combo.
Wow i couldnt even imagine that.....and i only have these agx's on setting 5

turboflanagan

Oh yeah! I put mine on in my driveway and they were on full stiff. I just pulled it out of the driveway and it felt like I just installed a steel rod with a decrative spring design around it. Even the crack between concrete sections was really rough.

turboflanagan

The rear top nuts on the Teins keep coming loose. You mean the ones inside the trunk on top of the strut tower?

the car bounces real hard over bumps.
Harry
Mine seemed to soften up a bit after a few miles. I usually ride around town with mine on 8-10 front and about 4-5 rear. I don't have any other suspension mods like sway bars or strut bars.
I never did have it aligned because I had Really crappy tires on it, but that will need to change in the next couple of weeks.

number3

Yeah, the one on the very top, the next thing in line after the dial/knob that adjust the ride.

Harry

Just an FYI to you guys. If there is a place local to you that can corner weight your car and align it do it. BUT you must be done modifying your car as if you do anything that can upset the weight balance (like moving the battery to the rear, removing the bumper beams, etc) you throw off the balance. With coilovers it will make a world of difference between non-weighted and weighted cars.
Rich

number3

Car rides real nice with the front at 8 and the rear at 10. Still may need some tweeking (still alittle bouncey) but so far so very good.

Double nutting the rear nuts on top seem to have fixed the problem of them loosening up.

Harry

Nate

That's surprising that the passenger's side of the front of the car is only 30lbs lighter than the side that has the engine on it. I didn't think those scattershields weighed THAT much. ;-)

number3

They (SSSS) only weight 7lbs
wink.gif

Maybe that is why Mitsu but the battery over there...

number3

I currently have the fronts and rears now at level 8 and the car handles the bumps much nicer but still has a killer feel. The tire psi is 34 front 32 rear.

The turn in and feel the car has now is incredible.

The car does seem to push though.

Only 200 miles or so and I can open her up!

those look gorgeous, ive got a friend that has a wholesale account with them, might have to go with that over the agx/pro kit setup

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts