The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Gear shifter cable question

GTX

Hi guys,

I wonder if anyone has experience with shifter cables interchange. 1G versus Galant. My E38A as well as E39A have a part number MB484539. Eagle Talon of similar year has MB484624. Are there any major differences other than in gearshift control (I have both and able to interchange)

I was able to find a new OEM MB484624 for very reasonable price, but need confirmation that I can use it.

Many Thanks
A

Last edited:

strokin4dr

I would just get the correct cables for the car.
I installed these along with new bushings and a 3000gt shifter in both my vr4s. Shifts feel amazing. Money well spent!!

New OEM VR4 shifter cables

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts