The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Side Power Mirror Issue

TheWolf

I have a 1987 JDM RHD VR4. I replaced the power mirror switch as the one I had was bad and nothing worked. Now both mirrors adjust but only the left one folds in. The right one makes motor noise but doesn't budge unless I fold it manually and then I hear the motor stop whirring. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

thomcasey

Stripped or broken gear in the mirror

thomcasey

Couldn't be sure on that one. Since they were never available in the US, sourcing one may be pricey for replacement. Only way wo be sure would be to open it up.

misterfixit

Here's the takeapart of the mirror.

This is from the JDM Technical manual, it was never supposed to be a serviceable item, but the reason I love these cars is everything is held together with proper screws so you can rebuild it:

I've posted the whole section on the mirror construction below so you can go over it all (the folding mechanism and the adjust mechanism)

To get into the mirror aim it all the way up then pop the bottom of the glass outwards from the housing and up.
The glass will hinge along the top line of the mirror and unhook. (This doesn't work for heated mirrors, which we got in europe.) You can then access all the screws and go from there.

Hope this helps.

Rich

P.S. check out the link in my signature to my tech archive post, you'll also find the wiring diagrams and connector locations for the folding mirrors too.

Last edited:

G

Staff member
I've got a right one fs if you need it.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Provided with the detailed info, you could always transplant the guts from the new mirror into your old housing and not have to paint if it doesn't match.

TheWolf

brilliant....sorry sometimes apparently I am a linear thinker. lol. I very much appreciate this board and the experience of those who have taken the time to talk to me. Thanks much!!!

G

Staff member
Quoting TheWolf:
What color is it?

white

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts