The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Ratcheting noise coming from the rear when turning.

4dr_vr4

I am getting a bad cv joint like noise from the right rear when making right turns whether it be slow or fast. The car sat for a long time.

I have a 3 bolt LSD on it at present and a 4 bolt sitting on a donor car...however I'd rather just keep the 3 bolt if possible.

What might this be? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

Thanks

Last edited:

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
There have been cases of an actual broken axle shaft (at the diff side) making noises and still be driveable (open diff can do that). Might want to check those.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Oh, and I have spare axles too if you need one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

4dr_vr4

Thanks man. I'll go investigate when I can find more time...always something!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned