The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New version of CAPS ( ASA )

FlyingEagle

Staff member
I have used/bought from Partsouq.com based out of the AE and another great cross reference for parts availability is www.amayama.com (parts sourced and shipped from JDM and UAE). This also allows you to compare prices and shipping from two different regions if parts are plentiful, or there is crossover into the Hyundai world.

AllanL

previous links can be donwloaded.

but use of ASA requires registration.

the cracks do not seem to be valid anymore?

idreamidrive

Quoting FlyingEagle:
I have used/bought from Partsouq.com based out of the AE and another great cross reference for parts availability is www.amayama.com (parts sourced and shipped from JDM and UAE). This also allows you to compare prices and shipping from two different regions if parts are plentiful, or there is crossover into the Hyundai world.

Is there a way to check USA stock of part numbers without calling the dealer or am I just missing that function with my older version of caps?

G

Staff member
Anyone get it to work with windows 10?

FlyingEagle

Staff member
I have not used the program in Windows 10 as of yet. That being said, I still keep ASA running on my older PC using 64 bit versions of windows software.

The crack software listed in the original Russian downloaded versions of ASA, was the key to getting the program to work. As long as the program wasn't auto-updating (which I think was taken out of the program likely to keep it working as long as mine has), the crack update feature that you re-direct the Registry Key with, is yeah, the key to making it stick. It has been years since I installed the programs on my older pc and I would have to try and make this work on my newer PC with Windows 10.

New links have come to light that are Russian based, but provide updated versions of the ASA softare.

Located here: http://mmc-manuals.ru/Downloads

Here is a quote of the page you will get directed to by clicking the link:

Quote:
Mitsubishi ASA v.1.8.0.0
Mitsubishi ASA
Mitsubishi ASA - Aftersales Support Application

Installation manual (on russian)
[M00] Mitsubishi ASA Japan, update 596 (2017-04-28), 417 MB
[M50] Mitsubishi ASA North America, update 492 (2017-04-28), 211 MB
[M60] Mitsubishi ASA Europe, update 565 (2018-06-01), 331 MB
[M80] Mitsubishi ASA General Export, update 476 (2017-04-28), 443 MB

Flat Rate Manual

This Flat Rate Manual has been prepared so that the personnel of service shops authorized by Mitsubishi Motors Corporation can utilize it as a handbook for estimating repair costs and for handling warranty claims.

All flat rate times listed herein are subjected to change at any time by Mitsubishi Motors Corporation based on time studies related to design change on vehicles, or improved repair methods, techniques or equipment, or other advance in the industry.

Flat Rate Manual (2007), eng., ISO image into RAR archive, 91,6 MB
Flat Rate Manual, version 4 (July, 2011), eng., fra., ger., ndr., spa., sva., ISO image into RAR archive, 41,0 MB
Flat Rate Manual, version 6 (July, 2013), eng., ISO image into RAR archive, 31,5 MB
Flat Rate Manual, version 10 (November, 2017), eng., ISO image into RAR archive, 32,2 MB
Flat Rate Manual, version 11 (December, 2018), 2019 MY, eng., ISO image into RAR archive, 33,4 MB

You can also get Mitsubishi Flat Rate Manual to use to your advantage when estimating time to do a simple repair or for major work on the exterior. I have just installed the Flat Rate Labor Time Guide using Windows 10, and it is up and running as intended. Very rudimentary and will take some time to familiarize with, but should do the trick. I always give up a day when I want to do something basic on my car, as so many little steps on taken along the way to care for fit and finish and or anticipating extra parts required to complete the task without having to step away from the job, mid task. If looking to quote a labor time for major vehicle repair in the future - like a wrinkled rear end due to being hit from behind - you now have the tools to use to prove what labor time is a bare minimum, assuming OEM parts are used to do the repair - if this writes off a car or provides for a higher labor payout with no repair performed (IE a cheque from your insurances company in lieu of repair this is the information you need as provided by the manufacturer!). I installed the 2007 version as I was hoping earlier models were not dropped, as in later 80's/early 90's platforms.

AllanL

this version of CAPS works on Win10.

just FYI.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts