The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

JReece3556 Build

jreece3556

Here is a list of all of the current modifications to the car.

CURRENT MODS:
GReddy Type FV BOV
GReddy Boost Controller
K&N Filter
Apexi 3" Turbo Back Exhaust
Ground Control Coilovers
KYB Struts
Grams Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge
Apexi Boost Gauge
Rota Grid Wheels
Hankook Ventus Evo Tires
NRG Quick Release Steering Hub
Momo Race Steering Wheel
Recaro Evo 8 Seat
Walbro 225 Fuel Pump
Polyurethane Engine and Trans Mounts
DD Racing Strut Bar

fuel

Your Galant isn't an Evo 0 so don't try pass it off as one.

You might want to upgrade the brakes at some point - the '89 and earlier JDM comes with smaller 265mm single piston front brakes. You can swap on the USDM VR-4 276mm twin piston brakes easily.

jreece3556

Not trying to pass it off as anything. It's still a predecessor to the Lancer Evo 1, with the same drivetrain. Just a name given to it by the previous owner. Let's people know a little about what the heck it is, because nobody has a clue.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Moving along nicely.

strokin4dr

Very nice. Good to see progress being made!

pot

Staff member
I agree, your car looks pretty damn nice. Could you please expand a bit on the paint job? What color are you going for aside from obviously white? Was a lot of bossy work involved aside from the hood? And what are your overall plans?

I’m interested to hear. But most of all I’m glad you posted and ipt d to share your projects status. I cannot wait to see more. This is good stuff.

jreece3556

The paint work wasn't too bad, the car really just had a few dings and paint chips that needed fixed. The hood was definitely a little more of a bear, but it came out pretty nice. The color is the original color of the car, aside from the black roof. For now, I plan to get it finished up paint wise and put the original stickers back on the car. Then I hope to get the new Mishimoto intercooler installed pretty quick and add my sponsor decals to the side. This is the paint code I used.

turbowop

Sponsor decals?

I'm kinda torn on the black roof. To me it looks like the upper half of the car is missing in contrast with the white. And as a guy who also cut out the slats from my JDM bumper (15 years ago), I wish you hadn't. But that's just aesthetic opinion. I have another bumper I plan to install with slats still intact...someday when I get time to work on it that is.

COVR4355

Love the build...clean and tasty :p
I especially love the GT500 Hood vent-looks great! Might do the same thing if I ever have the means to spend on the old-girl-which outfit did you purchase the hood vent from? There seems to be alot of questionable ones online. Also does the vent keep moisture out?
Keep up the great work and cannot wait to see more /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
-Joshua-

jreece3556

Quoting turbowop:
Sponsor decals?

I'm kinda torn on the black roof. To me it looks like the upper half of the car is missing in contrast with the white. And as a guy who also cut out the slats from my JDM bumper (15 years ago), I wish you hadn't. But that's just aesthetic opinion. I have another bumper I plan to install with slats still intact...someday when I get time to work on it that is.

Yea, my car is sponsored by Mishimoto, Thermal Zero, Top Label, Devotees and my own company HiRevz Clothing through my Instagram profile.
www.instagram.com/preacher_reece How many do you see that all look the same? How many do you see with a black roof? I don't know, something different. I like it, but if I ever get tired of it, I can also paint it white again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I really hate have any kind of turbo car and not being able to see the intercooler. I don't really care for sleepers. I understand them, but I like loud and proud. Plus the Mishimoto intercooler will look amazing.

SPONSORS!
www.hirevzclothing.com Use Code "NEW10"
www.mishimoto.com Use Code "REWARD-2120-VM6P3-VERO"
www.thermalzero.com Use Code "GALANT10"
www.toplabel.co Use Code "10OFFJOHN316"
www.devoteesofficial.com Use Code "15OFFJOHN316"

Last edited:

jreece3556

Quoting COVR4355:
Love the build...clean and tasty :p
I especially love the GT500 Hood vent-looks great! Might do the same thing if I ever have the means to spend on the old-girl-which outfit did you purchase the hood vent from? There seems to be alot of questionable ones online. Also does the vent keep moisture out?
Keep up the great work and cannot wait to see more /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
-Joshua-

I bought it off eBay, it is an authentic Ford part. It does ok with the moisture. It has a seal going all the way around it and double sided tape along the top. Can do much about rain going directly in though.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Lots of guys were painting their roof black or using the two tone (roof one color/body another), going back over a decade ago. I have some old pics kicking around here ...

These were "the" cars that represented Aus and NZ well, in my mind. Colorful bunch for sure!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts