The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Bastard 20g why can I not use this bung for a boost source?

COVR4355

Good day my fellow VR4's
Having some issues controlling boost on my newly installed Hallman MBC...I know a few of you are spot on regarding using the 1g bcs with DSMLINK-I will soon.
Nonetheless, the issue is I get upwards to a 10 to 12 lb spike- 10 to 11 lbs at 3200 rpm to 21 to 23 lbs at 6500 rpm with the MBC being hooked up to the pre TB bung-on the TB elbow and the external wastegate.
If I try to hook it up to the bung on the compressor housing it hits like the devil himself, but I cannot get it to drop less then 24 lbs???
Any thoughts?
You guys rock and thank you!
-Joshua-

COVR4355

Per some help from Vegas on Dsmtuners here is the issue with the bung on the turbo. Question why would it be like that with an external cap and second can I just put another open bung on the compressor and hook up the mbc from there as the boost source?

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned