The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Is there still support for DSM/GVR4?

Defiant

What's up guys?

Its been a while sense I've been on this site or thought about a dsm/gvr4.

A few years ago when I still had a dsm I heard that some manufacturer stopped making transmission parts. And recently a DSM friend of mine told me there isnt alot of support for them anymore.

I'm wanting to get back into the scene bad esp with a Galant and have an opportunity to pick one up. But I want to make sure that I'm still going to get the parts I want.

So is the support for these gone?

Thanks,
Defiant

strokin4dr

There is less support than there was previously for sure, but there are still PLENTY of parts out there. I have three 4g63 powered cars and can find just about anything I need for them most of the time. Anything related to the engine/drivetrain/turbo setup is readily available with more options than ever before.
The typical jdm parts, etc are still few and far between but parts availability should not hold you back if you're looking to get back in the game.
Also, there are a few very nice examples of the GVR4 currently for sale. GL
-Ryan

Snook1345

i have had my gvr4 for about 2 years now and there are plenty of people and products that will work for our cars.

some things are harder to find then other things but if you know the right people and look the right places you can find anything.

there are about 5 people specifically on this board that help me tremendously, whether it is constantly answering noob questions i had/have or help me pic out parts/

diambo4life

Support is still pretty strong. I think the very vibrant community helps. If a vendor does not have it, a fellow VR4 owner will. Been 4 yrs since I have owned my VR4 and I have not had an issue finding stuff.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts