The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1991 GVR4 in MA SOLD

GVR491

Hello, I got my GVR4 up for sale, a little about it:

The car only has 90,000 on it

The history and what it has:

I bought this car off a doctor in CT about 10 years ago with a idle problem and it was smoking a bit. I ended up fixing the problem with the idle with a new ICV.

In the meantime I added a ton of aftermarket parts:
Turboback 3 inch exhaust, ecu had been capped and socketed and a stage 3 chip added to support Evo 8 injectors and 2G MAF, 2G ported exhaust header, big 16G turbo, turboxs manual boost controller, any many other mods I probably forgot about.

I thought the smoking was just caused by bad valve stem seals but it turns out that that was only one of the issued, the motor also had low compression in 2 cylinders. Turns out that 2 pistons were cracked... So I decided to rebuild the engine. So I bought all the parts to rebuild the engine including forged arias pistons 8.5 comp, shot peened rods, race bearings, etc. In the meantime I ended up getting a job that sent me overseas so the project to put in the garage for the last 8 years. I finally got around now to putting the motor together and started it yesterday.

Turns out there is a oil leak where the oil filter housing attached to the block. Honestly speaking this is a $10 gasket but it will take a few hours to change since you have to take the timing belt cover off to get to the 1 bolt under it. It only leaks when the motor is running. I no longer have time to deal it with as I am leaving again by the end of this week so I would like to get the car sold. Like I said, this is a brand new rebuilt engine with forged internals so this thing is good up to 450 HP no problem, good base. Other things related which you will have to do is get new gas in there, fuel filter, and injector cleaner, the gas in there now is 8 year old fuel. It is not register and with the oil leak I recommend towing or trailering it home so you don't run the motor dry of oil. You also need a battery, the battery in it is dead, I borrowed a boat battery to start it from a friend but he wants that back /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Body is ok on it, good news is no rust anywhere, the car was always garaged, but the paint though is old and the clear coat is a bit rough on it.

Anyways price is $4800 or Best reasonable offer, located in Chicopee MA:

413 459 6517

Last edited:

turbofonz

Damn. I'm literally one town over. I'd like to take a look at this.

strokin4dr

Car looks nice and straight. Decent deal for a rust free car in the NE.
GLWS

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts