The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

COMBUSTION

Dexter

hi to all!!! im a galant beginner and having problems on my combustion....i there anybody help me fix it....i've already replace my distributor assembly,spark plugs and mass air flow, but still the combustion isn't perfect.... my spark plugs shows black smoke carbon and also at my tail pipe...dexter.phils.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

strokin4dr

Distributor, huh?

Let's start with some basics. What is the year and model of your car? Even if it's not a vr4, a rundown of what you have and any mods you have will be crucial to helping you figure out the issue.

Dexter

1994 model with 4g63 engine,MPI,AT trans Galant vr4.....no mods were made all stocks
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

strokin4dr

This forum focuses on the 89-92 VR4's. Not sure what market car you have, but I thought 92 was the last year of the turbo 4g63 for the Galant.
Check your info and post some pics.

fuel

^^ the OP is from the Philippines and sounds like they have an E33A SOHC 2.0 6G Galant - in some markets they were sold up until 1994.

strokin4dr

Quoting fuel:
^^ the OP is from the Philippines and sounds like they have an E33A SOHC 2.0 6G Galant - in some markets they were sold up until 1994.

He said VR4 so I guess I'm not the only confused...

fuel

Quoting Dexter:
mine is E55A 2.0 SOHC 7th generation

Then unfortunately this forum will probably be of little help. This forum caters towards the 6th generation E38A and E39A Galant VR-4's with the turbocharged DOHC 4G63 engine. Your E55A has the SOHC 16V 4G63.

I would look at the basics like the camshaft and ignition timing, air filter condition etc. I believe the PH models don't have cat converters, and instead have a fuel mixture trimpot attached to the firewall somewhere - perhaps that was altered causing it to run really rich.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts