GalantVR4.org The Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Forum
NOTICE: This forum is for archiving information and discussions. Please do not reply to threads unless you have valuable information to add. Do not post questions or problems here.

Galant VR-4 Forums » Galant VR-4 » How To and Info Archive » installing a parking brake cable - tips and pics
Previous thread Next thread

installing a parking brake cable - tips and pics

scottinalaska
676/1000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1234698 posted 01/06/17 11:40 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post   
First of all, get that rear end up on jack stands and remove the tire on the side you're working on. RockAuto has the cheapest cables I have found. In fact, I have a right side one I didn't use if someone wants it! The difference in lenghts is about an inch and half length.
The inside connection point is easy to get to under the middle console box. Just back off the rear nut (12mm).
The cable is held onto the frame by three clamps with a final bolt holding the bracket near the caliper connection point. Dropping the carrier bearing for the rear of the driveshaft provides sufficient room to get at it all. Penetrant is your friend and you should shoot all threads the night before.
When you go to connect the braking end of the cable, there is a mystery cable retainer holder. I had one for one side, but not one for the other. But it seems secure enough. One of the pics below shows it.

Perhaps this will embolden you to get under there and fix that parking brake.
Scott

Posts: 34 | From: Alaska, USA | Member Since: 11/15/16 | IP: (24.237.106.213) | Report this post to a Moderator

Pages: 1
Previous thread Next thread

Extra information
1 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Galant VR4.org Moderator:  curtis, steve, atc250r, jcgalntvr4-244, cheekychimp, jepherz, Rausch, toybreaker 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 713

Rate this thread

News & Events: News | Events
Galant VR-4: Newbies | General VR4 Discussions | Technical Discussions | How To and Info Archive
Marketplace: Parts For Sale | Cars For Sale | Good Guys | Bad Guys
Community: Members' Showcase

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.07 seconds in which 0.04 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page