The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Steering Wheel retrofit. EVO3 boss.

misterfixit

Hi all,

here's a little one I've been waiting a while to do...
I have a Momo 3 spoke wheel, It came off a 1991 Subaru Legacy turbo, and it's a lovely understated look and feel.
I used it in the Phils on the Lancer I built here:

It was on some skanky boss in this picture, however that worked nicely as I modified it to mount the cruise to.

On the way out of the Philippines I scored a lovely original Mitsubishi EVO3 steering wheel boss courtesy of Brian (Kama1).
When time was available I tried to put it on the car and while, close it was not a direct bolt up.

The aparture in the column surround is 9mm bigger diameter (4.5mm off all around hole).
So I modified a set of column surrounds:

Next the horn push doesn't reach:

Now the solution here was simple, but innovative. I used a mountain bike outer cable ferrule and a tiny bit of silicone fuel hose.
I tweaked the cable ferrule to ensure there was contact radially, and loaded the silicone tube, I then slid this over the brass horn push contact and voila!

Here it is in all it's re-assembled glory!

Enjoy..

Those sharp eyed folks will see the key surround light I did. The write up on that is here:-
click

Rich

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned