The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Trailing Arm Connecting Rod

mjdarg

I've noticed some weird handling recently, so I decided to look into my rear suspension bushings. The right rear wheel has a noticeable amount of camber compliance just from pressing on the tire with my hands. I've linked to two videos of the trailing arm bushing and the lower ball joint. I've figured I might as well do new ball joints and bushings in the rear, cause it probably can't hurt, but I'm not sure about the trailing arm connecting rod. I want to use the stock bushing instead of installing a toe eliminator kit since I still have 4WS. The p/n from CAPS is MB515194, but I'm having a hard time finding this online. JNZ has this on their OEM parts catalog, but I haven't had a chance to check with them. I also found the p/n for the 2g 3000GT to be MB911699. Does anybody know if this is a suitable replacement? I can find this on JNZ's website along with a few other parts websites online.

If you watch the first video, you'll probably notice the subframe bushing is pretty shot too. Is there any way to replace these without completely dropping the subframe? I'd prefer to not have to undo the 4WS lines right now.

YouTube videos:
Trailing Arm connecting rod and subframe bushing

Lower ball joint

fuel

Definitely replace the ball joints on both arms and on both sides. I am unsure if the trailing arm compliance bushing is easily replaced - maybe look in the 3000GT/Stealth circles as it should be the same bush. I would check the other side trailing arm bush to see if the wear/movement is the same.

May as well do subframe bushes too if you can see any movement. Unfortunately you probably will have to drop the subframe as the bushes have to be cut/burnt out.

mjdarg

Yeah, in one of the videos you can clearly see one of the fore subframe bushings is pretty worn. I'll prolly try and replace these and the balljoints and get back to everyone. The "Trailing arm connecting rod" seems to be hard to find nowadays.

mjdarg

This is probably a question best answered by those with 3000GT trailing arms on their Galant. Does anyone know the differences between this trailing arm connecting rod for the Galant/DSM and the 3000GT. I've read in one of the threads on here that a hole is bigger. Is this the hole for mounting the trailing arm to the subframe (pickup point) or where the connecting rod is bolted to the trailing arm? Just wondering if something as simple as a sleeve can adapt the 3000GT connecting rod to fit the Galant arm.

KiNgMaRtY

What I did in the rear was I put in 3SX rear camber arms and I replaced the rest of the rear bushings with 1g energy suspension bushings.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned