The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

dreamer

turbowop

Quoting Alpha Male:
more accurate air meter.

I don't know about that. Karmen vortex meters are pretty damn accurate. They're just really restrictive in comparison.

kron_jdd

i looking for any info that can help me make this car run with a new engine. more importantly the fact that the car is currently not turboed and i will be changing it to one. then maybe when i have more time and money and a garage of my own will i buy a shell and part my car into it. i like my car and would keep it if i could but with the rust that it has front and rear rocker panelles, the eagle shell is not worth keeping long term. was still wondering about ecu choices. try and get a OEM turbo ecu or get a upgraded system all together, like i see around here. is turning a ecu system realy hard scale 1-10. what u all think?

IncorpoRatedX

Quoting turbowop:
Quoting Alpha Male:
more accurate air meter.

I don't know about that. Karmen vortex meters are pretty damn accurate. They're just really restrictive in comparison.

I'm mostly referring to the fact that the stock air meter (1g and 2g), has sections of un-metered air that can be modified to flow more, but wont be metered by the sensor. the GM maf meters all the air that flows through it.

IncorpoRatedX

Quoting kron_jdd:
i looking for any info that can help me make this car run with a new engine. more importantly the fact that the car is currently not turboed and i will be changing it to one. then maybe when i have more time and money and a garage of my own will i buy a shell and part my car into it. i like my car and would keep it if i could but with the rust that it has front and rear rocker panelles, the eagle shell is not worth keeping long term. was still wondering about ecu choices. try and get a OEM turbo ecu or get a upgraded system all together, like i see around here. is turning a ecu system realy hard scale 1-10. what u all think?

currently, i would say you're not on par with the skill level required to do this work. no offense, im just basing that off what you've said and the questions you've asked.

That being said, search. Search the board a LOT. Lurk and read here, go over some of the build threads etc. After you've been here a few months and read new things on a daily basis, you will start to understand what needs to be done.

is tuning a stock ecu hard? depends on your level of skill. To a lot of people here, the stock ecu is a pretty simple computer. To others, it's like magic.

kron_jdd

i thought it be hard and i not offended. i kno how to but a motor together the computer stuff is all new to me. i unstand alittle as from reading her. this is a great site. how hard is replacing the capacitors. i kno what they are it is a smiple computer. i but a together this computer i type on. wont say a qreat but i say i kno what i looking at. what tools needed

DR1665

The cheapest route, IMO, is going to be buying a running 1990-1994 AWD Eclipse/Talon/Laser. If you can find one that runs for less than $2000, you'll have pretty much everything you need.

kron_jdd

Ok, lol I will try. So it would be easier to part out a hole car into mine? I guess I would have every thing but is there real that much I would need to change? I don't have a garage of my own. I will be swapping engines at a rented garage. Time will be my enemy. I was hopping I could just swap engines/tranny, harness and the ecu. The diff, I will mostly have to replace as well.

IncorpoRatedX

Use the search function. Seriously.

this gets asked every few months.

I've posted detailed lists multiple times. Search A LOT.

kron_jdd

Ya lol. I do see that it is something that happens everyday, mostly. Just was wondering if it is hard, but from what I read, it dont look that bad.

kron_jdd

this year is a happy year. finally i get my car running again. i have found a tranny locally and have the car moving. after being sitting for 4 yr of sitting i am repainting it and plan to turbo it. witch bring me to a new need. a dsmlink and a EDM bumper and match plastic trims. any one selling PM plz and thank you

kron_jdd

Well here we go. After being on this website and having the car for far to long and done nothing to it but maintain it. I think its time to get started. I am currently just tracking down the last few small parts to install a factory style turbo set up. My goal is to get it happy and running at a turbo level before modding things more. I think I have the right idea as to what I need to do but if anyone has any tips that one might not first think of, Please feel free to comment and I will see if it is some thing I have thought of. Here are some pictures so far

Last edited:

Spyke169

Did you ever replace the transmission? If the Eagles were an exact copy of the ggsx, the trans final drive and thus rear did are different than dsm and gvr4 ratio.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned