The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

I going to get sucked back into the Galant VR-4 world

citymunky

Well in the middle of parting out my car, I came across a black on black gem of a Galant VR4.

Needless to say I'm back in game with a near stock running example.

The mods that I care about are
-SSR SP1's (2 piece rims)
-Looks to be JIC front coilovers
-Rear struts are Bilstein's on lowing springs
-Old School HKS BOV
-Old School HKS intake
-Old School RalliArt shift knob.

My plans are to keep the car simple, and period correct, clean up some of the rough areas and just enjoy it.

Last edited:

bobdole

Looks clean. You have started the game well.

citymunky

Quoting GSTwithPSI:
Looks nice. What'd you have to give for it?

My 1st born, and half of my left kidney.

fuel

Looks nice!

For some reason the fogs don't look to be configured correctly? The inner pair of fog lamps should only light up when the main headlamp high beams are on - otherwise it's only the outer pair (the projectors) which turn on with the head lamps.

If you want a proper RHD windscreen washer bottle let me know - I can get one easily enough.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Where do you find those upper fender and front rad support bolts that this gem is equipped with?

They look fancy and would dress up an engine bay nicely ....

citymunky

Quoting fuel:
Looks nice!

For some reason the fogs don't look to be configured correctly? The inner pair of fog lamps should only light up when the main headlamp high beams are on - otherwise it's only the outer pair (the projectors) which turn on with the head lamps.

If you want a proper RHD windscreen washer bottle let me know - I can get one easily enough.

It was wired like that on purpose. I don't live in a rural are, so the amount of times I will use my high beams is very minimal.

Yes, I would like a proper bottle, this bag is like a colostomy bag in the engine bay. I'll let you know, I need to take care of the legal stuff first and some maintenance items.

I do have a question, on the key there is a button. Do you have any idea what it is for? USDM cars do not have this button, and I think the battery is dead since nothing happens after I pull it.

Last edited:

citymunky

Quoting FlyingEagle:
Where do you find those upper fender and front rad support bolts that this gem is equipped with?

They look fancy and would dress up an engine bay nicely ....

They came with the car, however dress up bolts are easily found online. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

fuel

Quoting citymunky:
Quoting fuel:
Looks nice!

It was wired like that on purpose. I don't live in a rural are, so the amount of times I will use my high beams is very minimal.

Yes, I would like a proper bottle, this bag is like a colostomy bag in the engine bay. I'll let you know, I need to take care of the legal stuff first and some maintenance items.

I do have a question, on the key there is a button. Do you have any idea what it is for? USDM cars do not have this button, and I think the battery is dead since nothing happens after I pull it.

It's for the IR eye remote door locks - on your drivers door handle there should be a little hole which is where an IR receiver will be.

citymunky

^ Thanks, I'll look for IR sensor.

Quoting GSTwithPSI:
I definitely like the wingless trunk and lip spoiler. I always thought these cars look better without the giant factory spoiler.

The only problem will be finding a 3rd brake light to install on the rear deck. Lucky this car is exempt, because I don't know what I would done with the rear wiper in the way.

Last edited:

citymunky

That was not the plan at all, I was really looking into go back to Nissan's with a Z32 Twin Turbo or a Clean 240Z/260Z.

Last edited:

ApexHunter

Quoting citymunky:
Yes, I would like a proper bottle, this bag is like a colostomy bag in the engine bay.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif For real.

Congrats on that car. Looks great. Really great. Clean and simple is the way to go with these. Wow.

Last edited:

EMX5636

Nice find! Mark was just telling me about this car yesterday. Looks nice, jealous of the wheels! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

citymunky

Thanks, he was telling about yours as well. I couldn't picture it in my head, but once in told me your username, I was like oh yea, I know that car.

The wheels are a huge bonus, if they were 5x114.3 they would never came with the car, however since not many cars are 4x114.3 the seller decided it was not worth the trouble trying to separate them. The bummer thing is that a valve stem broke during transport, and I have to order a new one. Current the car is sitting on a donut that I'm glad I didn't throw away.

Also fitting bigger calipers under there might be a bit tricky.

Last edited:

fuel

I guess 4x114.3mm is quite uncommon in the US, however in Japan and elsewhere it's relatively common .

turbowop

It's not uncommon, but wheel selection in 4x114.3 is much slimmer when you start getting into anything wider than 7". BBS LMs for example, can't be had in anything wider than 7" in that lug pattern. 5x114.3 is the more popular worldwide lug pattern just going off what I see on the Yahoo Japan auctions.

Nice car, BTW. Looks really clean and well taken care of. Wheels are sweet too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts