The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Grabbed a GGSX today

18GVR4

Well I sold my vr4 about ten years ago and have been missing it ever since. Today I purchased this galant and can't wait to get started on it. It's sat for a few years so it's definitely a project. It has a bunch of miles and the paint is peeling but I don't care. I want to take my time and do things right to make it into my daily driver. I'm excited that it has a full vr4 leather interior swap and sunroof. I also was given a set of vr4 wheels to clean and paint for it.

turbohf

lol, kids are all posed up.

good luck with the GSX!

citymunky

Quoting 18GVR4:
Well I sold my vr4 about ten years ago and have been missing it ever since. Today I purchased this galant and can't wait to get started on it. It's sat for a few years so it's definitely a project. It has a bunch of miles and the paint is peeling but I don't care. I want to take my time and do things right to make it into my daily driver. I'm excited that it has a full vr4 leather interior swap and sunroof. I also was given a set of vr4 wheels to clean and paint for it.

Why does everyone who want a sunroof live on the other side of the US. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

JondoeVR4

Welcome, John Cena. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

OldHairyBastard

First thing to do (If it hasn't been done already) is to change out that transmission as it is going to break with any abuse or as soon as you put a turbo on it. Just change it out to a 1G and you'll be fine.

89Mirageman

Rear end and x-fer case would have to be swapped as well, correct? Welcome back man, looks like you've got plenty of help to bring the car back.

18GVR4

Thanks guys. I plan on getting the n/a running good so I can use it as my DD so I can eventually get off public transit. I'm hoping to get a turbo setup after that. Pressure washed years of crap off it.

OldHairyBastard

Only if it is an auto. The manual t-case is a 22 spline but same ratio and so is the diff. The G-GSX trans has a smaller end case due to a smaller viscus that likes to blow up and the bearings on the gear shafts are the same as a 90 transmission which uses a carrier bearing instead of a tapered and race bearing. Most of these transmissions blow up with the under powered naturally aspirated motor so when you toss on that turbo things go boom or the viscus goes and the car will barely move!

Quoting 89Mirageman:
Rear end and x-fer case would have to be swapped as well, correct? Welcome back man, looks like you've got plenty of help to bring the car back.

caanglin

Nice. Have fun.
I remember when my cousin got a white 1G Talon that sat for a while under a tree. The top of it was green. Nothing a pressure couldn't handle though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

18GVR4

After nearly 3 months of tinkering, I finally took the galant out! There are a lot of noises, I'm guessing from parts not moving for 8 years. It ran good. Idle is s little high, maybe a vacuum leak. It was a lot more fun than driving my F150 though!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned