The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Is this a good deal on a GVR-4?

Derail20T

Hi I'm looking at purchasing a 1991 GGVR-4 and I don't know if it's a good deal or not. I've been wanting one of these cars for a while now and I have finally found one that is kind of close to me. The seller won't go below $5000 US. The car has a stock engine and turbo. It has a 4 bolt rear end and is pretty much rust free. It has a good body with fairly new paint. However the car is white now and used to be black. I'll try to post some pictures. Here's the interesting part. The car has a suspension setup for rally racing and I would like to get into racing in rallycross. I know that to install rally suspension it is very expensive but I also know that I don't really need it to race in rallycross. The car wasn't raced in rally but it was used for reconnaissance to map the course out. So what do you guy's think, is it worth it?

img.php

Last edited:

fuel

it looks a little rough for that money - I would also carefully check for rust. Personally myself if you're willing to spend $5000 I would look at other examples.

Derail20T

Thanks for the replies. That's pretty much what I was thinking. I think that he is putting a lot of value into the rally suspension. If I was looking at making a full rally car then it might be worth it but that's not what I'm looking to do.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
My home town! $5K US ... exchange equals 11tybillions of dollars. I'd hold off. HotBits, Feal, BC and car that has already been gone over could net you a better price.

Is it just over the border in the US?

Derail20T

No, it's actually in your part of the country. He is actually asking $6500 Canadian but I figured most people on this site would be dealing in US money... I can give you the link to his sd if you are interested in looking at since I think that I'm going to pass on it. The reason that I was interested in it in the first place is because it has already been imported into Canada so I wouldn't have to worry about that...

89Patches

Ah I know this one, I believe it was 1915/2000, was posted on here FS not to long ago in Quebec. Look out west, they pop up every once in awhile and aren't too expensive. I bought my "new" GVR4 for $1500 (No engine or trans) and it only cost $450 to get it shipped to me here in Southern Ontario.

Derail20T

That's right, it is #1915. That's a great deal on getting your car shipped for $450! Was it a hassle with the border at all or any customs or brokerage fees?

Edit: I just saw that you got it from out west...

What company did you use for shipping?

Last edited:

89Patches

I bought it in Regina and got it shipped. Put it up on Uship for about a month, the last day before the ad expired there was a bidding war, went from $3500 to $450, Lol.

Derail20T

Right on, I've wondered if Uship actually work like that. I suppose I could always look down in the states too and have it shipped to Michigan and pick it up from there. I think that dealing with the border wouldn't be too bad since the car would be more than 15 years old. It'd be nice to get a rust free car from the south. Right now isn't a good time to buy though with the dollar being so horrible.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned