The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Clutch Slave Cylinder

Mr_Fielgood

There are 2 slave cylinders on the "part numbers we all need to know" thread
Slave Cylinder (Green, 20.64mm) MD733227
Slave Cylinder (Pink, 19mm) - MD733623
Not sure which one to purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Pink if you can get it.

prove_it

Small pink is the ticket to a good feeling pedal pump.

G

Staff member
Green is vr4 & nla. Pink is dsm & available.

Mr_Fielgood

So is the pink not compatible G? I just want to know if I can buy either one without running into any problems.

G

Staff member
It's physically compatible but not designed to work with the pressures of the vr4 master.

Mr_Fielgood

So if I were to install the master cylinder ( MB555133) compatible with the pink slave cylinder I'd be okay correct?

KiNgMaRtY

Yes. It is claimed that the slave with the smaller bore pushes the rod out slightly more to help with clutch disengament.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting G:
It's physically compatible but not designed to work with the pressures of the vr4 master.

This is a completely inaccurate statement. CAPS shows application for both the pink and green part numbers for GVR4. AS for the clutch masters, the casting and bore are identical between 1g and GVR4. The only difference is the reservoir size.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting KiNgMaRtY:
Yes. It is claimed that the slave with the smaller bore pushes the rod out slightly more to help with clutch disengament.

There is no claiming anything here. It is simple mechanics. Same fluid displacement at the master cylinder will yield more piston travel at the slave for a smaller diameter piston (displaced volume must remain constant).

EMX5636

^ truth. I always try to find the pink (smaller one) for any clutch install, but especially if it's an aftermarket heavier clutch.

prove_it

Quoting G:

91 GVR4s had a green slave, the 92s got the pink. Same master in each car, explain to me how it's not designed to work with a pink slave.

prove_it

Maybe he needs to control his fans. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

G

Staff member
Ha! When i look in caps for a 92' it calls for the green. Not the pink. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

prove_it

Which is superseded by the pink.....

Cause my 92 had a stock pink in it. Even had all the service records from new and there was no replacing of the slave.......

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned