The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Transmission plugs

G

Staff member
What are these things called? Plugs, caps? Rubber, silicone? Where can i buy these specifically for the axle outputs.

transmission_upgrade_and_rebuild_01.jpg

prove_it

Everyone will call it something else. Plug or cap though.

What do you need it for? storage, shipping? I usually just find something that fits in the hole and put it in.

bradrs

Looks like they are plastic. My first guess of a good source would be McMaster-Carr

click

Search for plastic caps or plastic plugs.

Last edited:

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Many sizes made by a company called "Caplugs".

plugs

Last edited:

EMX5636

I have handfuls of them from working on hydraulics. If you have a local hose/fitting shop, measure up what you need and see if they'll give you some. They come on almost all fittings, and most of them just get thrown out.

G

Staff member
I just need 4 that are the size of our axle output openings.

G

Staff member
Yeah? What page? What's the part # ?

G

Staff member
I see it, but it's for the transfer case? I wonder if they will work for the transmission?

Last edited:

pot

Staff member
It says "Prevention of entry of foreign objects into the transaxle and transfer." Am I misunderstanding the term transaxle here? I thought that's where the cv axle shafts goes into. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts