The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Feal CoilOver 441MI-05 7K 7K

minneSNOWta

^Nice. I'm glad Mark said something because I was looking around for rear brake line mounts for my 2G Koni's.

turbowop

Quoting ApexHunter:
Historically, Feal has not offered the clamp-on brake line brackets separately, but they said they'll do it for us. Working on details now.

Thanks for inquiring! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ApexHunter

No problemo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks for your patience everyone while we worked on this. Now available to purchase HERE.

Please note that these have not been available separately before, so the lead time would probably be a couple of weeks, give or take.

EMX5636

I'll hopefully have some updates and pictures on the top hats within a day or two. David tells me they are custom making these from steel instead of aluminum for the plates, which I like because they will be able to take much more abuse.

ApexHunter

Quoting faqinshiet:
Hey David!
Got the feals brackets! Look great!! Thanks

Nice one dude! Yeah i'm glad they decided to accommodate us here.

ApexHunter

Quoting EMX5636:
I'll hopefully have some updates and pictures on the top hats within a day or two. David tells me they are custom making these from steel instead of aluminum for the plates, which I like because they will be able to take much more abuse.

Yes, that is correct. I was under the impression that they'd be sourcing Brand X top hats from the old Taiwan parts bin, however that was not the case. These were just manufactured, hence the extended delay. And yes, laser cut steel. Previous GVR4 kits shipped with a non-adjustable upper mount. The quality was good, but not a feature that any of us wanted to sacrifice. FEAL said they could deliver, and fortunately Justin and Anthony were willing to wait. Thanks again for your patience guys, they came out great.

I'll be installing Anthony's kit on Saturday and i'm pretty amped. Justin, i tracked your mounts this morning and you should see them tomorrow! Sweet! I spent some time taking pics over the weekend, here's a few of the upper mounts etc.

19905016336_36ca300db6_b.jpg

19936328661_401445824f_b.jpg

19743192848_99b232cb22_b.jpg

19744557059_d325224409_b.jpg

19931210525_fd18e8cec5_b.jpg

19310256593_384bd985a4_b.jpg

19743825758_2c3bb45747_b.jpg

ApexHunter

I forgot to mention, i got a couple extra brake line bracket sets. Hit me up if you need some!

EMX5636

Man, they do look pretty sweet! Glad you got some pics of them up. I'll let you know when I get them, and hopefully get them installed ASAP. (but I think you'll beat me with Anthony's car). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

EMX5636

Finally an update! Got mine installed over the weekend. Fitment was perfect, the bolt holes are precise. I wanted to get some 1 piece stainless brake hoses made to delete the weird factory brackets, and just got those installed today. Finally set her down off the lift to measure and set ride height. Sitting pretty! I'll have a few pics up probably tomorrow of everything. Thanks again David! Can't wait to get some miles on them! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ApexHunter

Thanks Justin. I really look forward to hearing how they perform.

I haven't provided an update here either obviously, for two reasons. One, i haven't had a chance to do a proper road test. I was able to drive it around the block a bit but the alignment was pretty far out after the install. He has since had the car aligned and really likes the feel of these shocks. Second, we ran into a clearance issue up front with the brake line brackets, which prevented us from getting much negative camber. The bottom line there is that if you plan to use the factory brake line brackets with the Feal universal brackets, one or both will need to be modified for clearance. So far nor Anthony or I have worked on this, but i think the one piece brake lines would be my preference here as well from the sound of it.

EMX5636

Well, only about 10 miles on them, but two airborne occasions over a train bridge near me. Nice and soft landings, but not bouncy or unsettled at all. Handling will have to wait a bit till I get a more precise alignment (just measured toe and OTC camber gauge). But so far I am 100% pleased. These are the brake lines as well. Plenty of line for travel and turning lock-to-lock, but stays close to the struts, so won't rub on anything. I also added grommets in the brackets after the pics were taken.

Last edited:

ApexHunter

Quoting EMX5636:
Well, only about 10 miles on them, but two airborne occasions over a train bridge near me.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Damn dude, you weren't kidding. Glad you'll be putting these through their paces. Brake lines look sweet.

minneSNOWta

Hey David. I ordered a set of those brake line mounts recently and can't wait to get them. Thanks for making them available.

ApexHunter

minneSNOWta! I was wondering if that might be you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Yeah, those are handy little buggers. Glad to help!

91_427

What are these brake line mounts you speak of and where do I get them?

ApexHunter

We can get them for you if you'd like: click

Lead time would be about two weeks. Gentleman above got our last set yesterday!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned