The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Galant VR4 side decal

Gtpdz

Just wonder is there any place that make those side decal on the rear doors? The ten8teen site has been down for a while. Thanks.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
PM to "Gabor" username on this site, I believe he can or does make them.

r4pt0x

I've recently plotted these decals for my car. Here is the vector graphics I made, so you can have it plotted anywhere you want /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

click
click

heres how it looks on my car:

20150329_012.jpg

Gtpdz

Thanks a lot, already order some from Gabour but I will keep them for some future use, btw these are bitsumishi fonts I guess? The 2 and 6 is slightly different from the factory font though.

tektic

It should definitely say intercooled not intercooler. that's some sort of translation error.

edit: Why does it say "2.0i" and not "2.0l" ?

Last edited:

minneSNOWta

I think the "i" refers to fuel-injected.

r4pt0x

Thanks for the Info - I just tried to decipher it from the (very bad) ASA illustrations and some pictures I found. As there seem to be lots of imitated decals out there it was hard to get the "correct" ones...

The font is derived from bitsumishi with some minor changes e.g. to the "D".
If someone can privode me with a picture of the original decal (ideally high resolution and not from an angle) I can update the graphics acccordingly.

GSX_TC

Quoting tektic:
It should definitely say intercooled not intercooler. that's some sort of translation error.

That's how they have always been man. Mine are like that too.

minneSNOWta

You can get side decals off eBay .

r4pt0x

I also looked on ebay but found lots of plainly wrong Versions. Some with "AWD" instead of "4WS", some with 2.0l and some with obviously completely the frong font...

So if anyone can provide me with a picture in an straight-on angle of an original decal, I could vectorize it and post the vector graphics here, so you can get them plotted/printed/CNC-milled etc pp /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

fuel

Quoting tektic:

Whether it makes sense in English or not, the original OE Mitsubishi stickers say INTERCOOLER TURBO not intercooled. It's the same for Starions, Lancers and anything else turbo Mitsubishi from the 80s and 90s.

prove_it

It says intercooler on the cyclone manifold too.
IMAG0235-1.jpg

r4pt0x

Quoting tektic:

It stands for "injection" - mitsubishi used this notation for multiple cars with MPI in the late 80s/early 90s. IIRC the badge on the rear of my sigma also says "3.0i V6 24V"

The "i" is correct - its clearly visible in ASA and the info text also is "badge 2.0i DOHC 16V"

minneSNOWta

What's wrong with the decal in the link provided? Looks pretty spot on IMO.

fuel

Decals on that e-bay link look like pretty good reproduction copies, and good they are 3M brand. Funny to see he used my car as pictures.

ozyvr4

Hi there , I tried to download the artwork from the above post so I can make some decals. The links above are too small. Could someone email me the larger file , so I will get a bigger image so I can scan it into the vector software so no can scale correctly.
[email protected]

Thanks

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts