The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Fuel leak

Mr_Fielgood

So I come home from work today and find this dark spot on the ground near the gas tank area.
Take a look under and I find this.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Anybody have an extra one of these fuel hoses laying around that I can grab?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Should be available new from JNZ. A lot of members have bought those over the last 5 years.

Mr_Fielgood

Just bought one from JNZ. Thanks guys for the quick responses and the link. Couldn't even find it myself. Really appreciate it.

G

Staff member
Looks like someone slashed the hose?

Mr_Fielgood

I have no idea what happened. Hope no one slashed it or were gonna have problems. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

slugsgomoo

mine failed due to age and looked just as "slashed" it's just the angle of it I think, and it dry rots and splits right there.

MellowVR4

This hose gets so briddle its not even rubber any more, more like hard ass plastic.

prove_it

Could have kicked up a rock and it hit just right to put a small hole.

Mr_Fielgood

I tried to temporarily seal the filler hose to keep it from leaking but no success. Just gonna have to wait til the new hose comes in.

So how should I go about replacing it? Should I drain the gas tank before pulling the hose off? I just want to avoid spilling fuel all over the place during replacement.

turbowop

Depending on how much fuel is in the tank now, you could just jack up that one corner and the fuel would all slosh to the other side while you swap the hose out.

Mr_Fielgood

That's a good way to do it.
I just filled the tank so it's probably going to leak in the pan I have under the car until it reaches the tank.

Mr_Fielgood

There is another hose next to it. A smaller diameter hose. Whats that one for?

Last edited by a moderator:

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Likely a vent hose.

Mr_Fielgood

So I order the part on 2/19 and wait patiently. Just yesterday I get an email saying JNZ is refunding me my money because the order did not go through.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif
When you complete your payment with PayPal and you are at the complete page, you have to click the "Return to JNZ Tuning Inc" link to FULLY complete the
order.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
ALWAYS READ THE FINE PRINT

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned