The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New parts to make life easier

prove_it

Saw STM just put out a new way to adapt AN fuel lines to the fuel pump hanger. Looks very easy to use. Thought I'd share.

Bulkhead adapter

Last edited:

turbowop

So simple, yet took so long for anybody to come out with such a part. That's sweet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

EMX5636

If I had lathe access 24/7, I would have made them for anyone on here. I made one out of a long -6 bulkhead fitting when I put the twin 255's in the car and used an aftermarket Ford Lightning Stainless Fuel Wye. That was probably 8 years ago. Guess I missed an opportunity.

Kibby

Wish i would have had that when my line snapped.

Street Surgeon

That is an awesome part, I wish they would come in -8, and -10 flavors though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

prove_it

They will do a custom -8 or -10. Gotta email them. Was told if there is interest they will do a big batch of -8.

JNR

Neat...not for $35 though...fixed mine for about $5 and still used AN (JIC) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

prove_it

I asked about the price, never got a response. My guess is that these are turned on a lathe one by one, so I think that's the reason behind the steeper price.

ade

not looking easy enough link

andrew4g63

What does everyone use for the wiring to the pump? Say if you run 10awg wire straight to the pump.
I bought some fittings from a company called Sealcon but they were very expensive. i want to say $70.
I did use the fitting that was posted in the summit link for my fuel line.

prove_it

I cleaned up the factory terminals. I plan on re doing this as I'll need more fuel later on. I'm sure I'm losing voltage currently, but at 320whp with a DW 305 pump, it's not an issue.

andrew4g63

Yes my car had enough voltage to produce 350hp but was leaning out up top. I rewired the pump and ran a solid -AN from tank to rail and made 40hp more.

vr4play

Quoting andrew4g63:
What does everyone use for the wiring to the pump? Say if you run 10awg wire straight to the pump.
I bought some fittings from a company called Sealcon but they were very expensive. i want to say $70.
I did use the fitting that was posted in the summit link for my fuel line.

Should be able to use this click

curtis

^ if you use them make sure there alcohol safe. Problem with gas and even gas with e10 not much will stand up to them over a short period of time will be a fricking mess.

Toybreaker chime in.... can't remember the site you told me about with the fancy ass connectors, sure it will come to me tomorrow but can't think of the brand right now.

curtis

Think now it was Deutsch brand

andrew4g63

Here's a link to the place that I used for mine. I called them and them sold me one specific for gasoline purposes.
Sealcon website
I'm guna call McMaster and see what they say on which fitting to use and how much it will cost.

Street Surgeon

Quoting prove_it:
They will do a custom -8 or -10. Gotta email them. Was told if there is interest they will do a big batch of -8.

Just called them a minute ago and they won't bother making a larger sized fitting unless you feel like purchasing 50 or so.

prove_it

Like I said, they told me IF there is a lot of interest. haha. Perhaps I worded it wrong.

I was told if they get a lot of customers calling in and wanting to buy some -8 or -10 even, then they will make some up.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned