The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: MI jdm galant vr4 rs $10k

dougmacho

When was I trying to hide anything?

Maybe you guys don't buy and sell as much as i do, at least cars that cost over 5k. Serious buyers of a car such as the RS, will probably know what they are buying, and probably check out the links that I've added on my ads. I buy and sell 3-5 cars yearly, I can say I know forums crowds pretty well. Pull a fast one? Who is this poor chum of the galant vr4 world that gave me an offer or even asked about the condition of the car? For me, the rust wasn't an issue, so I bought the car.

I believe the previous for sale ads provide enough initial information to attract a buyer. Along with that, there's always a few trollers. It's fine, happens in some forums. Most of you guys on here are budget minded, meaning you probably don't have the means of buying nicer cars. So rust is an easy point to bring up in negotiating the price of a car yet you guys were just trying to take advantage of a new member on the forum. There was no one asking about rust, you guys were just trying to get your llick in for the day, I get it.......I can only assume that you guys are jealous, I don't get that. If you want to bring up rust, at least tie that into bringing the price down, not to degrade the seller who never tried to deceive anyone. Yes, certainly I(34 year old man who has worked with autistic children for 10 years) am trying to pull a fast one on people who don't read or don't ask me any questions.

This car is 8k, you think I'm trying to make money on this or trying to not lose money? Not much to gain or lose IMHO.

Last edited:

GSTwithPSI

Let me be frank; that car isn't worth 8k in the condition it is in.

You overpaid, and a serious buyer of a car such as the RS, will probably know what they are buying, and probably check out the links that you've added on your ads, and come to the conclusion that the car needs some serious work.

It's downright insulting that you seem to think nobody here has ever spent upwards of 5k on a used car, and therefore we all have no idea what we're talking about. The group of people that make up this community have seen hundreds of Galants sell on these pages, and are more knowledgeable about what these cars are worth than any one group of people or entity combined. There are numerous people on this board who own cars that would fetch twice your asking price in the blink of an eye. With that in mind, maybe you should listen to the general consensus, and quit taking the criticism you're receiving as trolling or hating.

I don't expect you to understand what I'm saying. You haven't been a member of this community, and don't understand what this place is all about. You have a grand total of 6 posts here, all of which are to sell your car. If you had been around for a while prior to that, maybe you would get it.

If you didn't want to lose money, then you should have never overpaid for the car. You shouldn't expect someone to pay your asking price simply because you made a poor decision. You'll need to repair the rust, or lower your asking price if you want to attract a serious buyer who has some sense IMHO.

talontyme

Lol wish there was a like button here. Just like be stated I've seen cars on here that. .... never mind glws.

89Patches

You guys honestly wonder why these cars are worth nothing? Like come on you expect a car to be completely mint for 8K? Just shows you how worthless these cars actually are. Like are any of you guys that complain about rust competent to try to even fix it? Where do Galant's rust? The ends of the rockers in most cases. And most pictures that people post are easily fixable and not even a hard job to do, But what do almost everyone of you say? Better get another shell, not worth fixing etc.

f*** I should make a build thread on how to fix rust on Galant! Maybe give you ladies some insight on how it's done. And for the love of god if you guys want these cars to actually be worth something stop picking these damn things apart. Not everything is perfect and remember its just a piece of metal.

Learn how to do metal work and you'll see other projects differently.

PS I am not siding with the seller (Yes his ad was sh*t) Just don't think a car should be condemned because of some small rust issues /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

GSTwithPSI

Calm down there, Canada. You're implying that comments alone can detract from a car's value, which certainly isn't the case.

Quoting Coyotes:
Just because you WANT your rare turd to be valuable doesn't mean it's gonna be.

Most of the people here have fixed some rust in their time, and know what it takes to do the job right. I agree that rust doesn't automatically condemn a car, but a smart buyer will know how to properly evaluate it. Just like any repair done on a vehicle, the severity of the rust directly translates to time and money spent making the car rust free - and in some cases structurally sound - again. Bobdole's car looked much like the OP's, so use that as a guide for the time, money, and effort it will take to fix the rust.

A smart buyer will evaluate the time and cost associated with what it takes to repair this car, and adjust the amount they are willing to pay for the vehicle accordingly. That amount is under 8k, IMO. That's not hating, that's fact. This idea seems like common sense, but also seems to be lost upon some. Most people want to know about major issues like rust (especially the kind shown in the photos), hence, this thread turning into a sh*t show. Apparently, there are people out there willing to pay good money for a car that has rust, though. Maybe these are the types of buyers the OP is trying to attract. I'd like to think that at least, and not that he's trying to pull a fast one on an legitimate unsuspecting buyer. The real problem is, this forum is the worst possible place to find someone who would settle for a rusty car, especially since anyone who buys this will have to listen to G bitch for the next decade...And nobody wants that.

The OP said the rust wasn't an issue for him, so he bought the car; implying it didn't bother him. To me, that's ludicrous. Personally, if I am going to invest money (especially 8k) into something, I want it to last. Rust is just like any other maintenance item, and if neglected, you'll be left with a worthless pile of metal and bolts. If you're ballin' enough to be throwing money down the shitter, by all means, drive the rusty turd until it falls apart beneath you. Otherwise, you'll want to make a smart investment, or you'll be in the OP's shoes trying to unload a car while simultaneously not taking a loss.

Bump. GLWS OP.

Wookalar

OP just needs to paint his car mirror black and throw some VOlks on it and he will fool everyone on here into believing it is a bad ass car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

The rust sucks but it is an awd car located in the north so someone could buy it and drive the sh*t out of it for a few years and probably still find a buyer in a few years. Rust on the rockers isn't going to keep the car from driving and this is the only RS JDM Galant for sale in the US at the moment. Plus these cars are classics in like 12-24 months.

Good luck with the sale.

Jesus_Negros

There's 3 I know of.

dougmacho

There's a few ex-rally cars that aren't street legal anymore......and maybe one or two that probably aren't federal bond released. So I still believe this car is the only RS in the states that you can drive on the street and not worry about the feds. There are probably less than 5 JDM cars here total.....that still run at least.

I originally had purchased this car instead of having to rent a car for two months while I was working out east this past summer. So made sense to me. I'm torn between making this car faster or selling to get some other car that I'm sure I'll bet bored with later.

Jesus_Negros

No, there's 3 fed legal RS's in the states that I know of. Imported and registered just like yours.

dougmacho

Really? Any black ones? Any pics anywhere online?

I'm somewhat in doubt, to be fed legal it has to be imported near 2013 and up.......maybe latter half of 2012.

Last edited:

JamesFoster

If I had the money to spare right now I'd buy this and drive it daily, as is. My old Galant had rust too. Didn't effect the drivability. Rust is not a deal breaker, and from what I can tell the rust on this car isn't too bad. Good luck with the sale.

Last edited:

Jesus_Negros

Quoting dougmacho:
Really? Any black ones? Any pics anywhere online?

I'm somewhat in doubt, to be fed legal it has to be imported near 2013 and up.......maybe latter half of 2012.

There's a guy I know named Greg in Virginia who has 2 (both white). He was actually interested in the one you have before you bought it but he decided to have his own sourced and imported. One of them he drives to work everyday. The other probably sits in his garage with his SHP Starion, Conquest TSi-SE, 67'vette (L88 427), 68' camaro, 68' firebird, and his trucks (he has every generation of GM Truck before this most current gen).

I bought my black Conquest from him running with immaculate interior for a stupid cheap price. He had it outside when I came to purchase it and when we took it for a test drive it was bogging. So he pulled it into the garage to solder in new injector clips and that's when I saw his other toys. I was geeking out in there and forgot all about my Conquest. I found every excuse to stop by his house.

strokin4dr

Didn't this car sell for $7000 or less earlier this year?

dougmacho

That explains it! That guys got a great collection, very unique!

You still got the conquest? I've always wondered if they were trying to follow the design of the supra and celica of that generation or vice versa. Tell the guy to buy my RS! Totally willing to take best offer.

Last edited:

Jesus_Negros

I still have it yes. I think a widebody starion/conquest looks better than an 80s Celica and/or Supra in everyway.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned