The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Need Help O2 & Fuel Trim

chop91vr4

I am trying to tune this thing still I have a data logger a A/F guage that doesn't really tell anything other then rich lean & stotic but I have a better infofrom my TB Timer on the O2 voltage & the A/F & I'm trying to figure out how I get the trim percentage from this. I mean wtf is 100% what mathmatical equation do I need to do to come up with this?>? Thanks I apperciate any help with this

tektic

What are you logging and tuning with?
You cant tune with a narrow band o2 sensor.

chop91vr4

I have a pda logger & I'm about 98% positive that it has a wideband in it, but that is from the fact that I removed it when I put new down pipe on. ( from knowing what they both look like this was a wideband )

prove_it

100% Is basically your centerline for the fuel trim. Anything below 100% and the ecm is pulling fuel, anything over 100% and the ecm is adding fuel to the mix.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, I MAY be backwards as it's been a while since dealing with this old school tuning.

You'll see it won't stay at 100, it will vary 95-105 at idle. Also in WOT the fuel trims are not used. (open loop)

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts