The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

2.0 litre NA 4G63 fuel injectors, still available?

cheekychimp

Galant GTi went in for a service in the UK and the injectors could do with replacing. I've had them cleaned but they still aren't perfect. Local Mitsu dealer says new injectors are NLA. I'm not with the car at present so no opportunity to pull an injector and go parts hunting at an auto parts store.

Can anyone tell me if 2.0 litre NA 4G63 injectors are still available States side and if so are they universal or model specific? I'm sure the GGSX was 2.0 litre NA but I'm not sure if any of the DSMs (Eclipse etc.) were 2.0 litre or 2.4.

Paul.

LIV4PSI

Some 1G DSMs came with a NA 4G63. Injectors were 370cc. I don't know if they are still available new, but I guarentee they would work

gvr4ever

Turbo 1G DSM auto US injectors are only 390cc too, so those might we within range as well.

AllanL

the NA injectors were 240+cc, if i remember correctly...

Spyke169

Have you tried contacting any of the members who have done Galant GSX builds? They may have a set of known good original injectors.

89Mirageman

92-95 Hyundai Elantra's with the 1.8 have the same injectors too if that helps. Might be able to find them at a Hyundai dealer, probably cheaper too if so. Or I have several used sets if you want to take a chance.

cheekychimp

Quoting ghostinthevr4:
Have you thought about using Honda injectors?

I'll use anything that works! Looks like I'll need to find a shop manual or get in touch with misterfixit to confirm what size the original injectors were.

Quoting Spyke169:
Have you tried contacting any of the members who have done Galant GSX builds? They may have a set of known good original injectors.

I can try but most of the guys doing GGSX rebuilds go turbo which means that they use larger injectors. Of course they may well still know what size the originals were.

Quoting 89Mirageman:
92-95 Hyundai Elantra's with the 1.8 have the same injectors too if that helps. Might be able to find them at a Hyundai dealer, probably cheaper too if so. Or I have several used sets if you want to take a chance.

Great info., thanks!!! I wouldn't mind betting this will be my best bet at finding brand new injectors if I can confirm the size for the GTi injectors is identical.

Last edited:

dandanger

I can confirm that 4g63 doch n/a used 240 injectors, eg galant gti(edm name for gsx). Can also be found in 4g93 doch (Lancer gti), and 4g67 doch(lancer/colt gti). We got these listed in our Finnish forum.

AllanL

Quoting AllanL:
the NA injectors were 240+cc, if i remember correctly...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif
thanks Dan! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Last edited:

cheekychimp

Excellent Dan, thank you.

Can anyone with CAPS confirm if these are still available then?

G

Staff member
Available from mits? Send me the part #.

kama1

Down here,2.0 dohc models has 240cc,2.0 sohc has 210cc the amg has 275cc same with the later rvr.

AllanL

Quoting G:
Available from mits? Send me the part #.

MD127069 - 88~90
MD158850 - 90~92

for the E33A Galant [SNGML chassis code] and the D22 Eclipse [MNHML4M/9M chassis code]

hth

G

Staff member
Yes both are available from Jp.

cheekychimp

Awesome guys! I'll check those parts out with the Mitsu dealer here and see if I can order a couple of sets.

Paul.

slugsgomoo

Might check Amazon. My mom has a Toyota that needed injectors and I got them for 20% as much as the dealer wanted...

G

Staff member

misterfixit

Hi Paul,

Here is the injector data I have collated from around the place (still some gaps) But should help source out some newer ones.
There are basically three generations of each injector (I guess nikki have improved/cost benefited each design over the years.) the basic frame size is interchangable on the series too. so you could source out a later set to the same spec as yours.

Yours is an '88/89 so I guess it'll have the early (first gen) injectors.

Two basic failure modes for the injectors.
1/coil goes open loop/short. (breakdown due to age of insulation. Dupont kapton is usually used as coil insulation, it's now pretty much banned in aircraft use as its not good with heat and time (not a good combination in A/C hydraulics...) Anyway back on topic...
2/ Nozzle shield breaks down (comes apart). i saw this on a Philippine GTI I was working on about 6 months ago.

Hope the list helps you out.

Rich

Last edited:

cheekychimp

Okay, so now I am totally confused.

I am assumming that since "G" posted both those eBay links before Rich made his post that the MD127069 and MD158850 are the correct part numbers for injectors to my car. However I tried putting 1988 Mitsubishi Galant into the drop down table in both auctions and it comes back saying these injectors are not compatible. I admit, ebay isn't the most reliable source of information, but I just want to be sure, Rich and G would I be safe ordering either of those injector sets for the GTi?

Paul.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned