The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GSX_TC's Galant VR4 Build Thread #550/2000 (Samara)

ApexHunter

I'm going to echo AlphaMale's most recent comment here. Good direction.

Tires appear to be Azenis RT615, 235/40/18. The Star Specs, Z1 or ZII, are a better tire.

GSX_TC

Got my New Custom one off catch can setup for the VR4!! Made by Brad Harmer over at D3 Performance Engineering. Now I just gotta send my Valve cover to Justin at Detective Coatings to have the -10AN fittings welded on and get a fresh coat of Mirror Red powdercoat and get that new aluminum baffle option.

MellowVR4

Looks like a nice piece. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif to who made it. Looks good in your engine bay.

prove_it

Looks real nice. Fits well. What's this aluminum baffle you speak of?

GSX_TC

Last edited:

prove_it

Nice to see a solution. I've done the whole drill and tap, it's a PITA. Time consuming. I've recently tried a high temp epoxy, so far so good. Do they sell them without install? I'd hate to pay shipping there and back on the VC

minneSNOWta

Hey Mike. Just curious, but why are you using breather filters on your catch can? Also, I can vouch for Kevin's(CompWorks) baffle because I have one installed and it fits perfectly. Welding job was good too.

GSX_TC

Quoting prove_it:
Nice to see a solution. I've done the whole drill and tap, it's a PITA. Time consuming. I've recently tried a high temp epoxy, so far so good. Do they sell them without install? I'd hate to pay shipping there and back on the VC

Yep I'm pretty sure you can, and they are like 100 bucks for them I believe but as justin on that one.

GSX_TC

Quoting minneSNOWta:
Hey Mike. Just curious, but why are you using breather filters on your catch can? Also, I can vouch for Kevin's(CompWorks) baffle because I have one installed and it fits perfectly. Welding job was good too.

I'm using breather filters because that's how they build all their catch cans at D3. I just brought the car and asked them to make me a nice little one off catch can setup and this was the outcome. I believe it'll improve a bit, because I didn't have nothing before.

GSX_TC

Finally got around to finished up the new catch can setup on Samara, BIG thanks to Brad Harmer over at D3 Performance Engineering, Mike Collins at FIST Racing and Justin at Detective Coating for making this possible.

Drilling out the old baffles so the new aluminum ones can go in later.

Got it all stripped down.

Welding on the new -10AN fittings

New aluminum baffles going on

And recoated in Mirror red again =)

And here are some pics of it all installed.

And an inlet shot of the FP HTA3586R =)

coyotes

Looks nice. Have you thought about replacing your engine mount nuts with new hardware, maybe repaint the engine mount arm? Would really help further clean up your nice engine bay.

LIV4PSI

^^That whole part of the mount needs to go.

Looks beautiful Mike

ghostinthevr4

Build looks awesome the valve cover looks great, I have a spare one with the diamonds and I haven't let it go. Yours being the reason why I haven't sold it, I see you ditched the precision and got a 3586 your gonna love that turbo make sure you have enough fuel.

At the end of this year I'll be in Mo City I'm probably gonna need your help getting my galant registered. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Keep up the great work love the pictures of the whole build.

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Quoting coyotes:
Looks nice. Have you thought about replacing your engine mount nuts with new hardware, maybe repaint the engine mount arm? Would really help further clean up your nice engine bay.

Yes I have wanted to do that along with like every other bolt in the bay but there's just other Things I want to do first. I wish someone would make a cnc arm for the mount like that.

GSX_TC

Quoting LIV4PSI:
^^That whole part of the mount needs to go.

Looks beautiful Mike

Thanks Craig

GSX_TC

Quoting ghostinthevr4:
Build looks awesome the valve cover looks great, I have a spare one with the diamonds and I haven't let it go. Yours being the reason why I haven't sold it, I see you ditched the precision and got a 3586 your gonna love that turbo make sure you have enough fuel.

At the end of this year I'll be in Mo City I'm probably gonna need your help getting my galant registered. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Keep up the great work love the pictures of the whole build.

Thanks man, actually that other turbo I had on here at first wasn't a precision, it was just some no named turbo I used for the break in, and it died shortly after that.

Your moving to Texas? Yeah that's cool man, I can hook you up and even get you a sticker for inspection.

EHmotorsports

Looks good Mike. What made you decided to eliminate your pcv system and just have three vent to atmosphere lines?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts