The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FP manifold.

Mr_Fielgood

If I wanted to upgrade to an FP manifold would I need to modify anything or am I able to just bolt it on?

coyotes

Goes right on. Replace everything in there while you're at it though. Turbo bolts, gaskets, manifold to head nuts/washers, etc.

jnava

Staff member
Also, take in consideration that you'll be removing the heat shield, if you are still routing your intercooler piping the stock route, it will be exposed to extra heat. I've seen some of the folks wrap their pipes and in my case, I found a heat shield that is specific to stock mani and FP mani.

transparentdsm

or turbo blanket like i did, im telling you a world of difference on my car. i can touch the intercooler pipe after runs and the pipe and blanket touch each other.

ghostinthevr4

Here's a link for the heat shield click you do not have to port the FP manifold. It's pretty hogged out compared to a 2g manifold you can polish it out if you want but it's probably not needed, the casting is pretty good there's hardly any imperfections in it.

EHmotorsports

sadly that shield is not compatible with the factory manifold. If you need one that fits both. i make one. PM me and i will send you pics and info.

Last edited:

BENE38A

there is currently a 2g dsm manifold and an evo 3 16g for sale in of all places the for sale section, a great upgrade and fitting to the direction of your car.

EHmotorsports

Quoting slugsgomoo:
Get evan's heat shield, but run the blanket in concert with it for best effect IMO.

100% agree with the blanket.

Fiascoxl

I've got a black manifold blanket and a black ptp 16g turbine blanket coming up for sale very soon. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Mr_Fielgood

Thanks but I'm saving my money for a bunch of maintenance repairs and replacements. But if your still selling it by the time I get my car up to my expectations I'll take that offer.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned