The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

people with ets core and jdm bumper help!

Tre3zy

so bought a JDM bumper today tried mocking it up and my damn ETS core hits it... any tips on how to install it? i dont want to cut the slats in the middle... and ive seen some people here that have the ets core installed with out those middle slats on the bumper cut... can you guys chim in on what to trim?

cheekychimp

Yeah, mine is all installed without any cutting of the slats.

Where is yours hitting exactly?

Mine was installed years ago but I have a feeling when I got my intercooler the mounting tab was either absent or in the wrong place. You may find that rather than cutting the bumper it is the mounting location that needs modifying to raise/lower the intercooler slightly.

strokin4dr

I had to raise and reposition my ets core a bit. Was necessary for centering it and to prevent it from pushing down on the bottom of the jdm bumper too much. Looks great now.

strokin4dr

I didn't cut anything from the jdm bumper cover or brackets, btw.

Tre3zy

Its hitting in the bottom and it seems like the core sticks out too much for the bumper to be pushed ann the way into the bracket... You guys are right i need to re position the core itself

Tre3zy

Quoting strokin4dr:
I didn't cut anything from the jdm bumper cover or brackets, btw.

Can you post a pic if yours?

strokin4dr

I just looked. Apparently I suck at taking pics while working on the car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I don't have any pics where you can see the intercooler.

BluFalcon

I trimmed the bottom of my JDM bumper to clear the core. If I recall correctly, my core hangs slightly lower than the cover. It felt weird cutting into the bumper (considering how much they go for), but I wasn't going to let that stop me from getting the damned thing together. I didn't get too crazy, just cut enough material to make it look nice and clear the core.

jnava

Staff member
Same issue when I installed mine. Trim only what you have too,

strokin4dr

If you make a new hole in the mounting hardware for the intercooler, you can push it up just enough to where you can attach the bottom of the bumper cover to the core support.

With a little more work and some patience you can have a very clean install with no cutting involved. My intercooler still touches the cover and presses on it a bit, but it looks great from every angle.
Some cars that have the lower bumper cut have the intercooler protruding out the bottom when looking at the car head on. Not appealing. Avoid that in any way possible! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned