The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Why So Boosted?

tektic

img_20101221_135312-jpg.116437

Will try this.

CutlassJim

Taking your gauge source off the outlet is a bad idea. Your actual manifold pressure will be lower than indicated due to pressure drop across your intercooler and piping. Plus no vacuum signal there. Womp womp! It is a really good place for your boost controller though.

mitsuturbo

Quoting slugsgomoo:
if you're getting very low vacuum (inches of vacuum, pounds of boost /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif), it means you probably have a pretty severe boost leak somewhere. Have you boost leak tested? are your readings different off the manifold than they are off of "P"? If they are, that's an indication of a problem as they should match exactly.

For what it's worth I think I'm ~ 17inHG at idle with HKS 272/272 cams, stock should read a bit more vacuum than that, bigger cams a bit less.

Kelford 272's here. 11-12inHG seems to be pretty standard for what i have.

tektic

Yeah I want to do this just for the waste gate signal. I also found my turbo smart mbc that I missplaced, so I will be toying with that hopefully connected in this position.

I will try to remove the cover to dril and tap but removing the large c clamp may prove difficult. Stuffing rags and vacuuming and blowing compressed air through after completion may be the route I go. I'd rather remove it obviously.

I wish I added more ports to my intake manifold for map and boost gauge.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned